Childless by choice, so what?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Katie28873
    Participant
    They are probably just jealous of you and are lashing out by criticizing your choice. Think about it. While they are scrubbing urine stains out of Little Joey's bedsheets for the fourth time that month, and having to endure shrieks of 'Mommy, I want that!' every time they go to a store, you get to have a leisurely, quiet breakfast in the mornings, plenty of time to browse in whatever stores you want, and complete control of the remote. People are brainwashed into wanting kids by the image of the American Dream: white picket fence, house in the suburbs, chocolate Lab romping in the backyard, matching Volvos, and 2.5 kids. Anyone who doesn't find The Dream particularly appealing is viewed as abnormal. You might as well get used to it. But any parent who is HONEST with themselves will envy your childlessness on occasion, no matter how much they may cherish their offspring.

User Detail :  

Name : Katie28873, City : Lexington, State : KY Country : United States, 

Sara19629
    Participant
    I agree with you. I recently found myself in the position of being targeted for harassment based on my childless status. I was told that I was not 'normal' for being childless. I am married, I have a career, an education, and several wonderful pets that complete my life. The person accusing me of not being normal was at one time a pregnant teen (with her first child), currently has two children from two different daddy's, and is working on daddy #3 to support her and her kids financially. To me, she is not 'normal'. I say consider the source!

User Detail :  

Name : Sara19629, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.