Black women dating white men

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Bal
    Participant
    I am a white male dating a black woman for the last 3 years. I see five distinct questions here: Question #1: white-male/black-female perceived unaccepted to blacks? IMHO #1) many white males are financially better-off then many of thier black counterparts, and are the clear beneficiaries of racism/better opportunities/starting position in America. IMHO #2) most African Americans are not happy about #1. IMHO #3) other things being equal, women of any race prefer men who are finacially well-off to those who are not. The complaint that I've heard is that in the open marketplace for male partners, black women going outside of their race are 'cheating' by choosing the white men that have an unfair advantage in financial stability. Think of it like foreign imports -they're always going to be cheaper because of low labor costs; well that white-boy's going to be able to better provide for her because if takes less of his money to do so. These are gross generalities, but most dirty looks we get are from strangers that don't know our situation & assume anything they want to. To people who know nothing about the situation, all they see is that she has lost confidence that a brother will be able to treat her right and has switched to the other side. That betrayal, that vote of non-confidence in their own race is not exactly appreciated.

User Detail :  

Name : Bal, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Technical, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bal
    Participant
    Question #2: are white-male/black-female unaccepted to whites? I don't believe that white-male/black-female pairings are seen as unacceptable to whites. I've never had any issues in my 35+ person family or in friends. If anything, among our social circles it's almost a bonus; 200+ years of being the benificiaries of racism breeds a guilt and insecurity, alleviated by being more diverse & inclusive in bite-sized chunks. Whites feel vicariously more diverse hanging around us without the threat of cultural alienation that would come with actually submersing themselves within the community or another race. sad but true.

User Detail :  

Name : Bal, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Technical, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John
    Participant
    I guess it depends on which side of the looking glass one stands. Within white culture, at least, it seems far more acceptable for sons to date nonwhites than daughters. This seems to be universal across patriarchical cultures (I've heard that there are some academic arguments that Black American culture is matriarchical). In matters of both caste and class, it is easier for a man to date 'down' than for a woman, because their children will absorb at least some of the fathers standing and privelege, branded by his surname. It is unfair, and reeks of women-as-chattel, but family reactions to interracial dating are driven by preservation of the status of possible grandchildren, among other things. If you'd like more background on this issue, check out 'Caste, Class & Race' by Oliver C. Cox

User Detail :  

Name : John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Rythmless, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : Troy, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : waiter, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Kari19451
    Participant
    I think maybe it depends on the region you're in because in the northwest it is very rare to see a white man and a black woman together but you do see a lot of white women and black men together.

User Detail :  

Name : Kari19451, Gender : F, Race : American Indian, Age : 17, City : tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, 

Erik20148
    Participant
    I don't quite get this either. I don't see the problem with black women dating white men. Actually, I'm all for it because I'm very attracted to black girls. I know plenty of other white guys are. So, why don't more white guys date black girls? I saw this site which had research on this subject, and it said that black men and black women are seen as more masculine than white women and white man. I.e., white women go for more masculine looking men, who often are black men, but white men usually don't go for women who are more masculine than white women, like black women. I hope I havn't offended anyone here. I don't quite agree with this research, but there might be some truth to it. There is also this macho image that black men have but that white men don't have. We're more the 'pipe and cardigan' types who say 'Golly!', play golf and drive Wolkswagens. It may be just as much stereotypes as anything else.

User Detail :  

Name : Erik20148, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Arendal, State : NA Country : Norway, 

shantia
    Participant
    Im an african american 18 yr old. Currently I am talking to a white male. He's not the first,Im falling in love with him its not a thing you try it just happens that way.

User Detail :  

Name : shantia, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : lexington, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : CNA,Pharmacy Assistant, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jt
    Participant
    its the same.. its just that white men dont go out the box 4 whatever reason 'scared' I havnt dated a black man in 3 years and seems like i get approached more by other races.

User Detail :  

Name : Jt, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 33, City : long beach, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Ak28787
    Participant
    well actually where i live..If a white guy is dating a black girl, the black guys usually would gang up on him , either beat him up or just scare him real bad, and for some reason when a black guy dates a white girl, i dont see the white guys doing that to the black man.but thats just where i live.

User Detail :  

Name : Ak28787, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Portage, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : college, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.