Stephani

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Raw-smellin’ whites #46334

    Stephani
    Member

    I’m not sure what smell you’re referring to, but I think I know what you mean. It seems as though white people smell differently. I am Native American, and I have a white friend who visited Alaska and was told by the Native Alaskans that the grizzly bears didn’t like whites because they smell like bologna. It must be something, because even the animals notice it!

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stephani, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Yes Please, Race : American Indian, Religion : Non Denominational, Age : 21, City : Beaverton, State : OR, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Hyphenated-Americans have GOT to go! #34656

    Stephani
    Member

    I am Native American. Thats who I am first and foremost. I am not ‘American’ I am an American. People who represent that other part of their heritage are simply giving respect to their ancestory. To think that people seperating themselves from this label, is a bad thing- is wrong. Race labels have nothing to do with our country as a whole, and nothing to do with ‘issues’ in America.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stephani, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Yes Please, Race : American Indian, Religion : Non Denominational, Age : 21, City : Beaverton, State : OR, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Native American Chanting #41820

    Stephani
    Member

    I was actually just having this discussion with my boyfriend whom is caucasion. I am Native American, and was offended by little kids running around pretending to be ‘indians’ and patting their mouth with their hand and making howling noises. (The typical thing people do when impersonating a native american)This (idiotic) practice was dirived from most settlers inability to pronounce most of the words in Native American dialect. The sounds you are hearing are words in fact. Most Native languages are very complex. Most of the Europeans who came over found it very hard to pronounce the native words, because they made sounds that were never used in (English, french) dialect (lt lh ks kegh). Many of those sounds today are still very hard for most to make with their mouths. So thats why you may think you’re hearing nothing, but you’re actually hearing something.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stephani, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Yes Please, Race : American Indian, Religion : Non Denominational, Age : 21, City : Beaverton, State : OR, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)