Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Phyl E.MemberThis changed sometime between when I was a kid and when I had kids! I was expected to do the dishes every night and help clean the house. Dad’s word was law followed by a smack if you didn’t toe the line. I had no say in how the household was run. By the time I had kids, they weren’t allowed to do the dishes or help around the house because it would traumatize them. We weren’t allowed to discipline them because a neighbor or teacher might report us for child abuse. Allowances were given with no expectation of any type of return. And the kids ruled the roost, controlling how money was used and generally having free rein. As a result we grew a generation of me, me, me people who care for nothing but themselves and cannot be depended on to do anything that does not involve a payoff for ‘them’. They can’t spell or add and subtract without a calculator. If they bother to get a job they are insulted when actually asked to work. They want expensive cars for graduating high school and drive like maniacs. These are the people who are starting to run our country – and it shows. Enron, the stock market, Congress and the Senate. Classic case of reaping what we sow.
User Detail :
Name : Phyl E., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 63, City : San Antonio, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : retired, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences