N.D

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flipping hair is prejudiced? #19741

    N.D
    Member

    I agree with you on this. I’m a mulato female and grew up around black people only. Some of you reading this might find it strange, but over the years I’ve developed a habit of not letting my hair down because I always fear that some black female will think I’m better than them if I flip it. But if it’s in my way I need to flip it. I know what I’m talking about, and I know black women’s attitudes when it comes to hair flipping: most of them think you’re trying to rub the fact that you have ‘good hair’ in their faces.

    Don’t get me wrong, all races of women have that “hatin’ ” reaction when they feel that somebody has something that they want or should have. A confident sista with short kinky hair that she loves would not have the same reaction.

    User Detail :  

    Name : N.D, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/White, Italian Father/Haitian( Black) Mother, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : brooklyn, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : H.S Student/Columnist, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)