Michell20525

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Non-verbal gaffes #45889

    Michell20525
    Member

    When I am conducting business or otherwise interacting with other people in public, it is customary for me to make eye contact and smile at whomever I am interacting with. Occasionally, the person with whom I am interacting will make a show of intentionally snubbing me, and when this happens, it is usually a black female. These particular people will do things like not answering when I ask them a question or try to make small talk, speaking to me only to the extent that they absolutely have to, not making eye contact, not smiling, perhaps glaring in a confrontational manner or moving very slowly when they are in service job. Then I will see these same people talk animatedly with someone of their own race, or go out of their way to give them better service.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Michell20525, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : Dayton, State : OH, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)