Lyn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Respect for elderly earned, not given #31627

    Lyn
    Member

    I find it very ageist of some of you to suggest that all old people are mean and crabby. Have you met every older person in the world? Very likely these rude older people you encountered were always rude and crabby from age three on. They say we become more of ourselves as we grow old. Some of these people may also be crabby because society in general is very youth oriented and old people really aren’t respected that much anyway. Mostly we see old folks as useless dinosaurs who should be segregated into their own communities. In so far as respect, every human being you encounter should be shown respect until there is a reason not to extend such courtesy.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Lyn, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 40, City : Seattle, State : WA, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Fake hair on black people #26507

    Lyn
    Member

    Most black people cannot grow their natural hair down their backs, sometimes not even past their shoulders because natural black african hair is fragile, wiry, and breaks off easily. Therefore, because long hair is seen as feminine and beautiful in the dominant culture, black women get weaves and extensions. If you’re not mixed with white or something else as a black woman you’re lucky if you can grow hair past your shoulders.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Lyn, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 40, City : Seattle, State : WA, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: How much is too much? #31311

    Lyn
    Member

    An obese person is someone who looks like a hard boiled egg or a beach ball with arms and legs sticking out. Someone who is overweight is probably someone who has some type of waist line and may just be huge in some places: slightly large arms, thighs, a chunky upper body. Personally I would never focus completely on someone being overweight. I don’t point, stare or snicker at people who are morbidly obese either. I am disgusted by others who do. I personally am slightly overweight at the moment, so I have great empathy for those struggling with their weight. Once I was thin, and even then I never derided anyone who wasn’t. Just like average sized people, an overweight person can be appealing to me if they are kind, personable, clean and well-groomed. I will however admit that I’m not attracted to overweight men romantically. But then I don’t like insensitive, stupid or bald dudes either.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Lyn, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 40, City : Seattle, State : WA, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)