LP

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Surprises in Husband’s Diary #14112

    LP
    Member

    I second everyone else’s advice not to tell your husband that you read his diary (unless you’re prepared to do the things he wrote about, in which case he’ll forgive you). But think about why you don’t want to do the things he wrote about. Obviously what you do is up to you, and nobody should pressure you to do something you don’t want to do. But if you spend a little time thinking about _why_ you feel the way you do, you may find that the reasons, when thought about by ‘the light of day,’ may be minor enough that it’s more important to make your husband happy, and perhaps you’ll enjoy it too. For example, all kids seem to be taught that their ‘pee parts’ are dirty, but plenty of people enjoy oral sex when they grow up, and not enjoying that because of something you were taught in a very different context as a child seems a little silly if you think about it. My wife and I have certainly found that we enjoy things now that, for many years, we didn’t even consider trying, and that the reality was quite different from our pre-conceptions. And in case you’re worried about going ‘too far’ — IMO the important thing about these sorts of things is the symbolism, not the details. For example, you don’t need to go into full bondage gear — simply holding his wrists so that he can’t move may be enough for him to get a kick out of the game.

    User Detail :  

    Name : LP, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 40, City : New Yor, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Jewish people and Germans #29141

    LP
    Member

    I can’t generalize, but I certainly don’t have any tension with Germans (I presume regarding the Holocaust). I’ve met many german jews, and of course that’s not an issue there. And I’ve met plenty of non-jewish Germans, and of the ones I talked about such things with (certainly not an everyday occurrance) if anything they seemed to be quite well educated about what happened and to feel a bit guilty about the whole thing, as much as people can feel guilty about the previous generation’s behavior.

    User Detail :  

    Name : LP, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 40, City : New Yor, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)