Jackie

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Concerning sex before marriage… #16046

    Jackie
    Member

    I feel concern about my friends who have sex outside of marriage, because I’ve seen many people that I care about get hurt that way. Depending on how well I know them, I may tell them my thoughts (just as I would want them to tell me if they have concerns about decisions I’m making). However, I don’t look down on them or consider it to be too big of a deal (I get much more upset about a friend lying to me than a friend having sex with their boy/girlfriend). I would like to ignore this particular command sometimes. Sex sounds like a lot of fun, and it’s frustrating sometimes to wait. I still feel like I’ve made the right decision, though (and I’ve done harder things than ignoring the urgings of my hormones).

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jackie, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Tacoma, State : WA, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: First brush with racism #24954

    Jackie
    Member

    I was pretty little (I think preschool), and my mom and I were looking over a map. I saw the country of ‘Niger’ and innocently pronounced it ‘Nigger’. Mom explained to me that this wasn’t appropriate because that term can be used as an insult for a certain group of people. I don’t think the whole concept of racial discrimination really dawned in my mind for awhile after that, though; I lived in a mostly single-race area when I was littler.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jackie, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Tacoma, State : WA, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)