Why lead us on?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Sean
    Participant
    Why aren't females more straightforward in what they want from a guy?

User Detail :  

Name : Sean, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Valparaiso, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Welder, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Bones
    Participant
    To answer your question I have to ask another: Why aren't men?

User Detail :  

Name : Bones, City : London, State : NY Country : United Kingdom, 

Covergirl
    I think both females and males are in that category. I mean most females want love and only time can give that. The second type wants financial stability and who's gonna just come right out and say 'Show Me The Money?!' The same thing with guys do they come right out and say 'Hey! Show Me the A--!' If so most real women won't stick around.

User Detail :  

Name : Covergirl, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Age : 25, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Lesley22874
    Participant
    If they were, guys would explode, or punch them in the face. *Most* (being the keyword) females are complex and choose to revel ourselves slowly. It's sort of a defense mechanism where we give more and more about ourselves the more we feel we can trust you etc.. We don't want to scare you away!!

User Detail :  

Name : Lesley22874, Age : 13, City : N/A, State : NA Country : United States, 

Anne23869
    Participant
    Nice females just don't want want to hurt good guys or be put in an awkward situation, so try to do it gently. It's also a bit complicated (there's a fine line between confident and cocky) and some just don't know what they want. Unfortunately there are also some that must be dating someone to feel 'complete' and those who do it for popularity etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne23869, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 21, City : Cedar Falls, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Middle class, 

odd_socks
    Participant
    I think men often misinterpret women's intentions or fail to pick on non-verbal cues rather than women directly 'leading men on'. Certain understandings should be tacit. It's like how some men continue to attempt to chat up a women long after it's obvious from her body language that she isn't interested. In closing, grrrrrrr, but not to you or the question but rather gggrrrrr to all those creepy men.

User Detail :  

Name : odd_socks, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Adelaide, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Amy31610
    Participant
    I have to say that I'm not one of those women. My best friend still loves telling people how he met me: I walked into the coffeeshop, sat down, introduced myself, and told him, 'and you're d**n sexy'. My husband, same thing. Boyfriends, I have always made the first move and asked them out. On the other hand, I've been led on a LOT- mostly by guys who say they 'don't know what they want'. I know. They want a cheerleader, perfect body, not much brains, barefoot and pregnant, you name it. If you aren't exactly what the media says they should want, or you're too tough, too bad. I would question what kinds of women you've been hanging out with. One of my boyfriends (who, out of all of them, I treated perfectly because I was trying to) ended up leaving me to continue chasing another girl, who had no interest in him and already had a boyfriend. Later he told me that he didn't realize he was sabotaging himself. I could have told him. He's still somewhat an acquaintance of mine. I would ask you this question: if a girl is tough (I'm in kung fu and I weightlift), if she's not perfectly skinny, etc. why do guys ignore her or treat her like 'one of the guys'? That said, I've heard that there are women who are very silly. They tend to be the above-mentioned 'perfect girls'. In high school, I never understood why my fellow 'geek' types would go for cheerleaders, when I knew they'd never be happy just because of the girl's great bod. After all, would she ever talk to them about the X-Men? Also, the men I have been forward with are often terrified of a woman doing such a thing. So I suppose my answer is: you're looking in the wrong places. Is your best friend a girl? Try her. -Amy

User Detail :  

Name : Amy31610, City : Duluth, State : MN Country : United States, 

ML20281
    Participant
    The same can be asked of males. In my experience, and that of my friends, many guys say they don't like to play games, that they are above it, etc. But in reality, it seems like they are still into all the little ego games that (unfortunately) play out when you meet someone. Example: A guy I know says he doesn't like games, especially the whole 'wait three days before you call a girl' thing. He says he values honesty and openness. So when the girl calls him soon after their first encounter to say hello, what does he do? Not call back for a week. So I think guys encourage women to be open and honest with them, but really deep down like the drama and ego-boost of playing the little games. When a girl is open, it scares them off or whatever. Which leads the girl to think, 'Hmmm, stupid me for being honest with him. Won't do that again!' Which perpetuates the whole cycle. (You can substitute guys for girls in the scenario, as I'm sure the same thing happens with girls.) So I guess my answer is that until we get over our ego trips regarding the opposite sex and dating 'rules,' we're all kind of in the dark.

User Detail :  

Name : ML20281, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Oklahoma City, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Women are very straightforward. The problem is that men and women aren't always on the same page. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. But when you KNOW a woman cares for you, and you don't care for her, but you string her along 'cause you want a piece of tail, that's a damn shame. There are enough women out here giving up tail and not expecting a love connection -- so why prey on a woman's heart to get some? Bottom line: Women are usually the ones putting their hearts and egos on the line in relationships. If anyone isn't straightforward, it's men...the undisputed Kings of game playing and overall B.S.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw30021, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

LaCantrice-Taylor
    Participant
    I TOTALLY AGREE BECAUSE SOMETIMES A GIRL CAN MEET A GUY AND THE GUY ASKES FOR THE GIRLS NUMBER AND NEVER CALLS HER. GIRLS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, BECAUSE I HAVE PLAYED GAMES ON BOYS A LOT OF TIMES.

User Detail :  

Name : LaCantrice-Taylor, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Rosedale, State : MS Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nancy
    Participant
    In my life, I have found that most people have never learned what unconditional means. Since the age of 15, I took a whole new attitude towards people. It's called unconditional. To me, this means no matter what a person looks like, thinks, does, says or feels the one thing that they are looking for is acceptance. Granted, you'll be lied to, used and hurt trusting people. But if we ALL would/could stop the 'games' and be true to ourselves, we can/will be true to the ones we deal with. Unconditional starts from within. Know who you are and be happy with yourself. Don't give up being honest with yourself and who you deal with. If something said that takes you back, talk about it with the person involved, be honest. Good Luck.

User Detail :  

Name : Nancy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Bahai Faith, Age : 48, City : Tempe, State : AR Country : United States, Occupation : Labtech, Social class : Middle class, 

Vail24465
    Participant
    I can tell you that one of the things that led to my wife leaving me was that she expected me to know everything she needed from me and was unwilling to just tell me. Those times she did tell me I reacted positively. But I guess that wasn't good enough.

User Detail :  

Name : Vail24465, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mutt, Religion : Atheist, Age : 40, City : Philly, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Nyla
    Participant
    BECAUSE MANY MEN CANNOT HANDLE THE PRESSRE!

User Detail :  

Name : Nyla, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Willingboro, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

SoulSista
    Participant
    Unfortunately, some females are too hung up on what the world around them says they should want or expect from guys. If it's not religious dictates, then it's momma or daddy. If it's not momma or daddy, then it's best friends or some pissed off, lonely, bitter 'friend' who wants to live their life through their single and looking friends. Some females, like myself, just enjoy the physical...that means that we don't have to be in a relationship, we don't have to have children together, we don't even have to extend past one night of 'pleasure' in order to let the guys in on what 'WE' want.

User Detail :  

Name : SoulSista, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Windy City, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : supervisor at CSC, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Anna
    Participant
    Because females are more emotional. We like to think a little too much. Females who are really sensitive are scared of chasing men off if they put a preference on things. We dont like to be too picky for a fear that we'll never meet the right person if we are.

User Detail :  

Name : Anna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.