White men not interested in black women?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Mechelle
    Participant
    Why is it that black men can find interracial relationships, but white men don't seem as interested in black women?

User Detail :  

Name : Mechelle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 41, City : Mattapan, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Technical Engineer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Harry-Kinkins
    Participant
    The fact is that white men love Black women, but they are scared to say it.

User Detail :  

Name : Harry-Kinkins, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, 

Stephanie27804
    Participant
    Perhaps it's because white men have traditionally set the standard of beauty/feminity based on race/gender. They long decreed white women as more beautiful than black/mixed black women. Also, the cult of femininity has a hold on white men. They consider white and asian women to be feminine, while considering black and latina women to be 'masculine.' Most white guys consider non-asian women of color as workers and as sexually available but not to be taken seriously as dates/wives. They need white women to reproduce their race and to keep the status quo going. Alot of this current racial dynamic has its roots in racism/slavery. This is all I had to say.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie27804, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : Dayton, State : OH Country : United States, Social class : Lower class, 

Seamus28243
    Participant
    You'd be surprised. There's still a taboo among older guys. I've known many a man in my neighborhood who would sleep with Black women, but not commit to relationships. And this was the standard practice for them. Alot of stereotypes evolved from this unfortunately. But today, people my age are more open-minded and not stuck in ancient sexual stereotypes nearly to the same degree as they were before. I believe the fastest growing interracial relationship is White Man/Black Woman.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus28243, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Charlestown, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Construction, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 

KT26140
    Participant
    I don't think it's all that uncommon or unheard of. I'm white and my wife is black. Two friends of hers who are black are also married to white men.

User Detail :  

Name : KT26140, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 31, City : Omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

R30175
    Participant
    Personally, I don't think that's the case. It always seemed to me that black women were reluctant to date white men - BUT, maybe that was just me! :-)

User Detail :  

Name : R30175, City : Delaware, State : OH Country : United States, 

Jas31214
    Participant
    The average WM is not attracted to the average BW and the same goes for BM and WW. I don't think it is because of a lack of attraction why some WM don't approach BW. I think it has more to do with their fear of rejection. If BW want to be approached by WM, then they need to give these men who have looks of interest some sort of positive feedback. U would honestly be surprised at how many positive responses u could get from WM if u simply smile or return a greeting. Plus in society a WM dating a BW is seen as a social no-no and a step down instead of up.

User Detail :  

Name : Jas31214, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 24, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    My personal attractions are not bound by gender, culture, and color lines, but let me make some generalizations about others to answer your question. In today's society, the media sells 'skinny' as beautiful in white women, and 'big butts with some meat on her bones' as beautiful in black women. In my experience, black culture is much more accepting of different body types - other than people with flat butts, anyway - whereas the majority of white males are easily brainwashed and get sucked into the 'Barbie' image. There are very few women that look like that, of any race! My point is, the media centers on the white male, so that the white male buys into the media's brainwashing more than anyone else - in which case, white males are much more likely than anyone else to be looking for an anorexic paper doll in a mate, and anorexia is generally more predominant in white girls. Since, as I said before, black culture is generally more accepting of different body types, black men are more likely to find beauty in all different skin colors - which, of course, there is.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

LaShawn
    They are interested in black women--why WOULDN'T they be? Besides, they probably don't make regular mention of their interest because they are worried what THEIR PEERS might think. Hey, I guess they all can't be Robert DeNiro!

User Detail :  

Name : LaShawn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Bryan Richardson
    Participant
    My answer to your question would be: Because most white men love petite, thin women. Black men love our woman to have nice thick hips, thighs and butts. My white friends say they only like thin woman, black or white. There is an old saying that says 'Men tend to like woman that mirror there mothers.' Because of the food we eat we tend to be a bit heavier and thicker in the most important areas.

User Detail :  

Name : Bryan Richardson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Sales Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nick
    Participant
    I am a white male and I grew up mostly interested in only white women, but that changed after I was teamed up with a black girl for a school project. What amazed me most though was that after I started noticing black women I also started to notice quite a lot of couples made up of white guys and black girls. I also met a few other white guys like myself who also found black women extremely attractive. When I eventually moved back home and out of the college town, I have to admit I didn't see as many of these types of couples any more. I still notice them but definitely not as much. One thing I have noticed is that the black population in my hometown is definitely of a smaller percentage than in the college town. The best answer I can give you is that a lot of it might have to do with exposure since I can honestly say that if I never went away to college (and teamed up with that black girl), I'd probably still be strictly interested in only white women.

User Detail :  

Name : Nick, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Scranton, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Data Entry/Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

UR
    I am surprised that you have found this to be so. I was under the impression that one of the problems Black women had was the way they are perceived as sexual objects to a greater extent than White women. Perhaps this is indeed an obstacle to forming relationships; but I would have thought it was sufficient to create interest among White men for Black women, and therefore some relationships would follow. There are so many ways for women to be beautiful, and being Black is certainly a very fine way to be so as far as I am concerned.

User Detail :  

Name : UR, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Personal spirituality, Age : 26, City : Melbourne, State : VA Country : Australia, Occupation : Student and entrepreneur, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bill23269
    Participant
    Quite the contrary. I think many people find that black women aren't interested in anyone but black men. You never see black women looking at non-black men.

User Detail :  

Name : Bill23269, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 32, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Michael
    Participant
    There are a lot more interacial couples today then there were a generation or two ago. It's still not overly common though. Like I said to another lady, if you're looking for a white guy you seem to be going to the wrong places or maybe you're just in the wrong state, I don't know. The question is, do you want a white guy that is attracted to you or do you want a white guy that wants to be black and sees you as his connection?

User Detail :  

Name : Michael, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Jax, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Tech, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Tad
    Participant
    I think I'm somewhat atypical in that I'm a white man who finds black women very attractive (especially those with full, curvy figures). However, there are a few reasons why I'm hesitant to approach black women: 1. White women almost always seem to respond more favorably than do black women whenever I try to strike up a friendly conversation. I take this to mean that white women are more interested in me than black women are. 2. Blacks generally seem to be much more religious and spiritually-minded than I'm used to. As a Catholic who attends Mass infrequently, I find the intense and evangelical religious traditions of African-Americans difficult to understand. I would love to be in a relationship with a black woman, and I'm always happy whenever I see a white man and a black woman together in public. I find it encouraging that several black women posting in the Race/Ethnicity category have indicated an interest in white men.

User Detail :  

Name : Tad, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 26, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.