White male/black female

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

DeeDee25801
    Participant
    I'm a black woman and my husband-to-be is white. Whenever we're in public we get looks of surprise (and sometimes dismay) from white women or black men. There seems to be a double standard at work here. I could be incorrect about this, but it seems that when it comes to today's white male/black female relationships, many black men find it repulsive, citing that in the days of slavery, white men would often rape black female slaves. Yet these days it's fine for a black man to date a white woman. I find the whole thing mind-boggling.

User Detail :  

Name : DeeDee25801, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Louisville, State : KY Country : United States, 
    It's funny because my fiance does not notice the occasional attention that we may get when we go out. (Though we have gotten the extreme where we had a group of black guys who wanted to start a fight with him just 'cause. Yes, I do know this is the reason for the fight.) I, however, do notice, and I have been asked why I am not marrying a black man. The response is because none of them asked. For most of the people I know and am around, it's accepted without a second thought. - though at first it is a surprise to most. Then again I have a friend, a black female, who thinks we are great. She gets truly heated when she hears of or sees a mixed couple where he is black and she is white. It drives her nuts, and she cannot stand to see it. She says that for her it has to do with the way black men treat white women vs. the way black men treat black women.

User Detail :  

Name : Christina N, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 21, City : Tallahassee, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brad25270
    Participant
    I'm white and my wife is black. We've never felt discriminated against. We've had a couple stares from white people (a disproportionate number of them from white women at cosmetics counters in department stores, not sure what that means) but nobody's ever said anything to us. The most irritating treatment we get, and it's a minor one, is that clerks in stores and at checkout lines rarely think we're together when we're buying something. They'll frequently neglect to acknowledge us as a couple. Oh well.

User Detail :  

Name : Brad25270, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Desmond25715
    Participant
    I'll give NJ Wayne credit for pointing out the glaring hypocrisy in his explanation. First let me clarify that guys in general always categorize women on the level of involvment. Not just white guys on black women. Doesn't matter what race you are or race you date. There are women out there that you just want to screw (as Wayne would put it) and then there are those who you want long-term, which also includes screwing. This isn't just relegated to inter-racial romances; how ridiculous is that? With the high divorce rate in the United States for same-race couples, how can anyone on speculate the chances of an inter-racial couple's longevity? Love isn't a science. The only negative reaction you will get is if the person in question is attractive. If you are a white woman and you see a white man that you are attracted to hooked up with a black woman, I think you will spark a reaction, for the simple fact that the white woman would feel that the white guy in question has low standards because, let's face it, white people see black people as inferior. So if you see a white person with a black person, they look at that as a demotion - "how dare they go there with that." Keep in mind, this only happens if the person is attractive. If they are not good-looking, trust me, they would pay it little mind.

User Detail :  

Name : Desmond25715, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, City : Alexandria, State : VA Country : United States, 

Jay
    Participant
    Dude, maybe you should move to Atlanta; black-and-white dating is everywhere in this city.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KR26938
    Participant
    When I lived in France I dated a Frenchwoman of African descent. France is a generally racist country, and she had been treated like a second-class citizen her whole life there. Most of the negative vibes we got on the street in France were from judgmental white people, while the Africans I knew tended to respond to us with welcoming friendliness. When she came back to the United States with me, there was the opposite reaction. That is, the glaring looks and rude comments came above all from African-American males. She went back to France with a very negative opinion of African Americans, simply because it was so obvious that so many of them had been judging her negatively during her stay, based on their own cultural prejudices, which had nothing to do with the reality of her life.

User Detail :  

Name : KR26938, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Erik20152
    Participant
    I think the double standards are disgusting. If black men are so angry abut black women dating white men because 1% of the white population more than a century ago were slave owners, and even less than that raped their female slaves, then why is it OK for them to be with the 'slave owner's' woman? Further, I want to say that I agree with Lynn H about hoping that more and more white men/black women couples will come to exist. I'm attracted to black or dark skinned women.

User Detail :  

Name : Erik20152, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Arendal, State : NA Country : Norway, 

angie7519625
    Participant
    you should move to san diego anything goes here.actually it's becoming rate to see a black on black couple.

User Detail :  

Name : angie7519625, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, City : san diego, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Jt
    Participant
    I had some blk guys ignore me and then a white guy came up tall handsome buy me a drink and the brothas were givin me dirty looks as I danced with him all night. I thought they were attractive but they were too stuck on themselves to ask me to dance or god forbid buy me a drink.

User Detail :  

Name : Jt, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 33, City : long beach, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

cicil
    Participant
    I think that black woman have problem with black guys dating white women because of a double standard. Most fat white woman can find a decent black guy to take them seriously. for a gorgous white woman its not even an issue. Most white guys won't date a fat white woman as a perference. he defenitely won't date a fat black woman. If you look at most of black girls that only date black men many of them have flat butt and are real leggy. of course there are exceptions but not enough to make black men jealous.

User Detail :  

Name : cicil, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.