White Castle?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Jane
    If I am not mistaken, White Castle is both a burger joint and a brand of hamburger. If you listen to some old Beastie Boys, you hear them throw this reference around often. I think mostly, it's a New York thing!

User Detail :  

Name : Jane, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Paralegal, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

KK26411
    Participant
    There are hundreds of White Castle hamburger shops in Michigan (and propbably other states). They sell small greasy burgers that taste, uh, 'distinctive' and give you gas or worse. They are very cheap and very popular with young people who've been out drinking all night. The joke is that you don't buy them, but 'rent them,' becuase you'll vomit them back up before the night is through.

User Detail :  

Name : KK26411, Gender : F, City : Norfolk, State : VA Country : United States, 

Jeffrey30964
    Participant
    I think you can find them throughout the Midwest. They were all over the place in Ohio when I used to live there. They are not particularly crummy places, in my opinion. Have you ever been to Krystal (I think that's the name of the place)? Their burgers are just the same. And for some reason, there's like a little cult about them ... don't ask me why.

User Detail :  

Name : Jeffrey30964, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Suzy
    Participant
    Living so close to Detroit and having relatives there, I have been a White Castle fan for years. It's a hamburger chain. You get about 8 tiny square burgers in a bag for 3 or 4 bucks, cheese, cheese & bacon, or you can buy them frozen at the grocery store.

User Detail :  

Name : Suzy, Gender : F, City : Chatham, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Melissa
    Participant
    Ever heard of Krystals? It's the exact same thing: little hamburgers. Taste like crap ... very addictive!

User Detail :  

Name : Melissa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : nazarene, Age : 20, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : server, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Brian20361
    Participant
    White castle is a hamburger joint. They sell what many call 'the belly bombers'.

User Detail :  

Name : Brian20361, City : NY, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.