White Castle?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Participant
    I'm not familiar with the songs, but White Castle is a fast food place, like McDonald's or something, in the US. I see that you're from Canada, and I don't know if they have them there, but maybe that's what they're referring to ?

User Detail :  

Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris
    The term 'White Castle' is mentioned in Eminem's song 'My Name Is' and by KRS-One when he collaborated with the Rascalz on 'Where You At.' What does it mean?

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Kitchener, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : High School Student/Meat Clerk, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Miranda20483
    Participant
    White Castle is an old US hamburger chain, pre-McDonald's. It used to be more national, but now most of the restaurants are on the East Coast with some scattered in the Midwest. Their claim to fame was and is tiny little burgers that one can buy by the sackful. There's a store of theirs near where I live and the place is very popular because they're cheap.

User Detail :  

Name : Miranda20483, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : What am I NOT?, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 30, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Coordinator, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Steve-M
    Participant
    I hate to disappoint you, but 'White Castle' is a hamburger franchise and not a hidden racial message. Unfortunately for the extreme liberal left, there's no way to interpret this as a racial slur. The burgers suck, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve-M, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 35, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Systems Analyst, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

John K.
    Participant
    White Castle is a fast food chain around the NYC area, and up and down the East Coast to some extent. They are known for having small but tasty hamburgers that you buy by the sack. They are also known for having greasy food.

User Detail :  

Name : John K., Gender : M, Age : 27, City : Cranford, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Chemical Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rayn
    Participant
    Although I haven't heard these particular songs, I imagine that they refer to the popular fast-food hamburger restuarants that are all around the Great Lakes area of the U.S.

User Detail :  

Name : Rayn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 21, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Astorian
    Participant
    White Castle is a chain of fast-food restaurants, popular in the Northeast and Midwest. They serve TINY hamburgers, grilled with onions. The burgers are addictive, and they're so small you can't help eating a dozen at a time. But White Castle lovers call the burgers 'belly bombers' for a reason. They're delicious going down, but you'll be burping them up for hours!

User Detail :  

Name : Astorian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 38, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Dan31655
    Participant
    White Castle is a burger chain that exists back East. They sell these tiny little hamburgers with holes poked in them for (last I heard) a dime apiece. My friend Mike tells me they're pretty gross, but good if you're broke as a joke. I also hear there's one in Mexico City. In the Eminem song, White Castle would be a place like the local McDonalds, where all the local kids hang out after school and (sometimes) start trouble.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan31655, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Pentecostal Christian, Age : 21, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

RobinW
    They were actually the first hamburger chain around, opening in 1921. Back then, they were known for their cleanliness, if you can believe it! My mother, who is 78, says that when she was small they used to clean the whole building, inside and out, every single day. They really are addictive. Addicts will go to great lengths to get a bagful, even if they are among the people who are made deathly ill by the things. I don't know why, since I'm not addicted myself. But I've seen it. If you want to know more about them, they have a website at www.whitecastle.com. And if you want to try the White Castle Experience and don't live near one, you might be able to find them frozen at your grocery store.

User Detail :  

Name : RobinW, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 46, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Chandra19176
    Participant
    White Castle is a fast-food spot that sells hamburgers and fries. The building is white, and there are turrets on top (hence the name White Castle). The burgers are smaller than the average burger, but they are 50-75 cents, and in my opinion, they are the BOMB for satisfying a late-nite craving! They are also known as 'sliders,' since according to some, after you eat them they 'slide' right out of you. (I have never experienced that.) Anyway, I have only seen White Castles in the Chicagoland area.

User Detail :  

Name : Chandra19176, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 23, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Office Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Shari28084
    Participant
    'White Castle' is a burger place in Michigan (I don't know where else it might be). They are known for their 'sliders' - exceedingly greasy burgers. They are small and square, and you would usually order 3-4 to have the equivalent of a Big Mac or Whopper - in size, anyway. I think they're nasty. I never eat there.

User Detail :  

Name : Shari28084, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 29, City : Canton, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Seamus28234
    Participant
    White Castle is a pretty foul fast-food chain, like a Checkers or a Jack-in-the-Box. You usually won't find White Castle joints in good neighborhoods. I'm sure Eminem and Kris are just showing their daily lives. Even the Beastie Boys tried to earn their ghetto pass on License to Ill by invoking White Castle in many of their lyrics.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus28234, Gender : M, Religion : Catholic, Age : 20, City : Charlestown, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Sexton, Social class : Lower class, 

Mike20422
    Participant
    White Castle is also referenced in 'Girls' by the Beastie Boys. I've never eaten at a White Castle, but I've been told the hamburgers are of low quality.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike20422, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Virginia Beach, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Erin25264
    Participant
    Actually, here in Texas they sell White Castle burgers in the frozen food section. They're pretty decent.

User Detail :  

Name : Erin25264, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 16, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Shari
    Participant
    I have to assume that since Eminem is from Detroit, he is talking about White Castle Hamburgers, a chain here in Michigan and I don't know where else. They serve 'sliders' - really greasy fried burgers. They are small and square, and you'd normally order 2-3 of them to be the same size as a Whopper or Big Mac. I don't know if any of this is in the songs you heard, but right now their big campaign is to buy a 'Sack of Ten.' Their slogan is 'White Castle - What You Crave.'

User Detail :  

Name : Shari, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : Canton, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Mom, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.