Underage sexual activity

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant
    First off, I have taken note that you are from Australia. I am not familiar with the legalities or common 'moral' issues of that country. Over here, of course, we have our state-by-state age of consent, but I've seen more cases in which the parent had the ultimate say-so. For instance, here in Texas, the age of consent is 17, yet I have seen boys of 18 or more end up in prison for having intercourse with their girlfriend of 17 or even younger, because the parent pressed statutory rape charges. However, I've even seen one case in which a 24-year-old got out of going to prison for having intercourse with his 14-year-old girlfriend, merely because the mother had told the police she was 'all right with it, felt her daughter was mature enough, and she trusted the 24-year-old,' and as sick as it is, the police trusted her judgment and left them alone. So, if you live in this country, or at least in this state, if it's your children, it's apparently your overall choice.

User Detail :  

Name : Joe, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 23, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : I.T., Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
    It doesn't exactly say word for word that you should be married to have sex... its just how you interperet it.

User Detail :  

Name : Ian Laughlin, Gender : M, Age : 18, City : Palmer, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Nadège
    Participant
    First, I must address something in your question: You use the phrase 'children under 18.' Those of us in our late teen years are hardly children. It is not a question of right and wrong, it depends on the individual, his/her mindset and maturity level, and especially, how deeply they understand the physical and emotional consequences of sex (this applies to any age- there are 30 year olds who aren't prepared for sex). As long as they understand what they're doing and make the decision for reasons that they can live with, I see nothing wrong with it.

User Detail :  

Name : Nadège, Gender : F, Age : 16, City : Peoria, State : AZ Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I've studied the bible for decades with professors who can read the Old Testament in the original Hebrew and Aramaic. premarital sex is NOT PROHIBITED in the Old Testament. Adultery AND VARIOUS FORMS OF incest ARE PROHIBITED, but not premarital sex. If you want to convince me I'm wrong, give me the exact book, chapter & verse that supports your claim, as well as the translation of your bible. Where is that exact quotation? There are a lot of incorrect translations and distorted interpretations preached by those with their own private agenda.

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    If it's true that whenever we step outside of God's will we get into trouble with unwanted pregnancies, STDs, etc., by that reasoning, God must love lesbians best because they never have unwanted pregnancies and they also have the lowest percentage of AIDS and other STDS. (I am not a lesbian, myself.) Furthermore, there are plenty of married, God-fearing women who have unwanted pregnancies and some of the other problems you describe. Some of what you say is valid; the rest sounds like preaching without facts to support it.

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.