Underage sexual activity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Tara
    Participant
    Is it right for children under the age of 18 to be sexually active?

User Detail :  

Name : Tara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : corparate lawyer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Ariann23776
    Participant
    I don't think the question should be whether it's right for people to be sexually active at a certain age. The better question is, Should we be doing a better job teaching people to recognize when they are or are not ready to be sexually active? I was ready at 16 - I had all the facts, was emotionally mature enough, had money in the bank in case of emergency, had contraceptives. However, I know many people who are far older than 18 who are still not ready. We can't just say, "Oh, you're allowed to vote now, I guess you're ready to have sex."

User Detail :  

Name : Ariann23776, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, 

Redeemed-One30102
    Participant
    According to the Bible, it's a sin for any unmarried person to be sexually active, regardless of their age. God designed sexual intercourse for a man and wife to procreate, and it is intended to be pleasurable. If it weren't, there wouldn't be any families. Whenever we step outside of God's will, we get into trouble: unwanted pregnancies, out-of-wedlock births, STDs, etc. Unmarried people under 18 should have other, more serious goals in mind. A person's first sexual experience should be with his or her spouse on their wedding night. It may sound 'old fashioned,' and a lot of people will disagree and say things like, 'This is the year 2000' or 'This is a new day,' but that doesn't make it right. God's Word never changes, and it's meant for our good.

User Detail :  

Name : Redeemed-One30102, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 52, City : Newport News, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kent26463
    Participant
    Children should be able to be active if they choose. Religious norms apply only to those who accept them in a secular society like the United States or Australia. It is important to limit the ability of adults to impose sex, so the restriction of sex to someone within two years of a child's own age is important.

User Detail :  

Name : Kent26463, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 58, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : business, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Can you please tell me where in the Bible it says sex should only be a married folks' thing? I want to be able to quote it by chapter and verse.

User Detail :  

Name : L.B. Zellner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 33, City : Wrightsville, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Self-employed chemist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Orleanas19978
    Participant
    According to the Bible, sex is also only for procreation and women aren't meant to receive pleasure from it. Does that mean, you've never gotten pleasure out of having sex?

User Detail :  

Name : Orleanas19978, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, 

Jazarel
    Participant
    Does age have anything to do with it? What about ethics and morality? But most importantly, are you emotionally ready? Being involved intimately with someone becomes an emotional issue. Who cares if this is the 21st century or the 16th; the reason this world is in such an uproar is that our emotions are being overlooked. The Lord meant it to be something sacred and beautiful between two people who were willing to make the lifelong commitment to care for each other physically and emotionally. So the bottom line is this: can you shut down your emotions completely and not feel the scarring left behind from an intimate relationship gone bad because you were too young, too ignorant to understand God's great plan?

User Detail :  

Name : Jazarel, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Administration, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Cynthia W.
    It is only natural, so it has to be right. What we need to teach children though is that sex is better in a good relationship with someone you really love. And how to guard against Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Also we need to teach them that sex by itself does not bring happiness, which is a ridiculous belief that many of my age were led to believe.

User Detail :  

Name : Cynthia W., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 38, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Amy
    Participant
    So that you don't misunderstand my message, I would first like to say that I am a 17 year old virgin, and intend to be one until I'm married. First of all, what is the age 18? Eighteen is the age that American government picked for the age you become an adult. But who can really say when you are an adult. Females have the ability to bear children around the age of twelve. If they weren't meant to have children and be sexually active at that age, then they wouldn't be able to. In a lot people's (at least Americans) opinion it is wrong to have sex when you are 'underage', but I don't think that to God and nature it is. So it depends on whose opinion you care about.

User Detail :  

Name : Amy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Hinesville, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, 

Rhiannon
    I think it differs for everyone, but that in general, it's a good idea to wait until after high school for sex. There's so much emotional baggage and peer pressure associated with sex that it can be a lot to deal with emotionally for someone who isn't very mature yet. I think teenagers often have sex for the wrong reasons-- insecurity, a need to be loved, boredom, etc. And, of course, there's the risk of pregnacy and STDs. There's a lot of fun experimentation teenagers can enjoy without full sexual intimacy, and I think for most teenagers, that's more appropriate and emotionally healthy. Besides, when you're young and virginal, kissing and holding hands and messing around can be a wonderful thrill, which you lose when you become more sexually active. Why give that up that innocent fun so early?

User Detail :  

Name : Rhiannon, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 29, City : Eden Prairie, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Professor, Social class : Middle class, 

Emma
    Participant
    I'm not entirely sure on that one. The age of consent in the United Kingdom is 16, so if it's legal, it must be OK. Some people are ready before that, but others may not feel ready until way beyond that. I think, overall, that it's OK if you're 16 or 17 if you feel ready. However, I think it's neccessary to be with a long-term partner and to be aware of sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy and contraception.

User Detail :  

Name : Emma, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Cheshire, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I don't recall Adam & Eve being married before procreating. None of the commandments prohibits premarital sex. Where does the bible forbid premarital sex? It's not in the Old Testament.

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Amma
    Participant
    I see that they are many different factors deciding if a person is ready for sex. The most basic one is biological; if you've gone through puberty then technically you are ready for sex. It is unbelievable to me that governments think they should be able to tell a person that even though they have gone through puberty they can't have sex. If we weren't meant to have sex until we are 25 then we wouldn't go through puberty and have sexual urges until that time. Our society is what has made us think that we have to wait and has created the other factors that play into being ready to have sex. Humans have created this society where we have to be educated and working 40 hours a week to survive. So now that has become a factor in it because we have to be able to make money to take care of children. And I think our society is what creates the factor of emotional readiness. We now have complex social relationships and are told that we are not ready for sex until we are adults. If a person is treated like a child until the age of 18 then they very well may act that way. So, in my opinion the only real factor in sexual readiness is if our bodies are physically ready. All other factors are created by society and its' moral and religious beliefs.

User Detail :  

Name : Amma, Gender : F, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, 

Lindsey
    i am 15 years old so immediently you may think im not qualified or something to answer this question. however, i know exactly what i want in the issues of sex. i know that sex was meant to be saved for marriage and i will wait. what makes marriage so special if its a been there done that experience? god's word says that sex is a special thing for married couples and i am willing to wait to make it even more special. i have my priorities straight, and i dont need sex to prove im mature or to have fun. why would i want to risk the chances of having a baby or getting an std when im still in highschool anyways? i have a promise ring around my wedding finger signifying this and not until my husband puts a wedding ring around my finger will i give away something that cant be taken back. and no, im not some dork or someone who couldnt get any anyway, i just believe that true love waits.

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

Lindsey
    It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in a passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God. -I Thessalonians 4:3-5 'But among you there must not even be a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity...because these are improper for God's holy people.' -Ephesians 5:3: premarital sex is adultry and there are many things about adultry in the bible and how that is sinning...so why give away something that's so special? sex is for marriage.

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.