The meaning of luck

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Marisa
    Participant
    There are three kinds of people: 1) the lazy, who don't do anything with themselves; 2) the hard-working, who make things happen for themselves; and 3) the people who have dreams, and some of them come true, and when they do, they consider it luck. They do the job but not so well. If they see another person do it and they see they made it happen, then they think 'how l wish l had luck like that'. My point is everyone is different. It's just that when work needs to be done, people have different ways of getting it done.

User Detail :  

Name : Marisa, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : St. Charles, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Lee25002
    Participant
    As my mother would say: 'People make their own luck.' Most people I know who think they have bad luck usually make bad decisions and therefore bring most of their problems on themselves.

User Detail :  

Name : Lee25002, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 32, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dave R
    Participant
    Danny, I too grew up like you - poor. I made decisions along the way to better myself, but I still consider myself lucky. I don't believe for a second that it has anything to do with the 'left' creating a division. Not everyone has the mental acuity to make all the 'right' decisions that lead to success. Heck, some of us don't have to make any decisions at all, with that silver spoon hanging from our mouths. Do I believe there are a lot of people who take advantage of the system and have no aspirations? Of course! But I also believe there are MORE that legitimately need help because of circumstances. God really does work in mysterious ways.

User Detail :  

Name : Dave R, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Mountainhome, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : tradesman, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.