The Man vs. The Ho?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Brittany19280
    Participant
    Ever since I knew about the word ho or slut, I always wondered why men who are very sexually active are considered "the man," but if a female is very sexually active she is a ho.

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany19280, Gender : F, Age : 15, City : Mitchellville, State : MD Country : United States, Social class : Upper class, 

Bert
    Very simple reason. If you are a woman it is very easy to be sexually active to a greater or lesser extent, there are always men out there who will sleep with you. As a man you do not have that open to you (pardon the pun). Therefore the man is deemed to have worked harder for his rather than a woman who really doesn't have to do anything at all to get laid. Not saying I necessarily agree with that, just how I feel that happens.

User Detail :  

Name : Bert, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

alan
    Participant
    because its just a stupid double standard.it goes back hunderds of years and its not likely to change. also has to do with in most animal kingdoms, the male has several females. your only 15 and at that age guys are immature, and girls are spitfull, and some just dont grow up. not a good answer but the point is the sooner you learn to ignore it the better

User Detail :  

Name : alan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : brisbane, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : er bum/unemployed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

LYNICE
    Participant
    GUYS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING, THERE IS A DOUBLESTANDARD HALO AROUND THEIR HEADS FROM THE MOMENT THEY ARE BORN. BUT THEY ALSO GET 'AWAY' WITH STD'S AND A BUNCH OF DRAMA THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED. I FOR ONE, BELIEVE THAT IF YOU SLEEP WITH MANY PEOPLE, AND YOU PROTECT YOURSELF, THEN YOU ARE FINE IN MY BOOK. ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF, AND GET TESTED, ESPECIALLY GUYS!

User Detail :  

Name : LYNICE, City : NW WASHINGTON, State : DC Country : United States, 

Covergirl
    No need to wonder anymore honey. After all it is a male dominated world...look whos running the country. Besides I look at men and women as hoes it's not about what you do it's how you do it

User Detail :  

Name : Covergirl, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Age : 25, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Anonymous23730
    Participant
    I know exactly why is that. I t makes me so mad. There is definitely a double standard in this world that we are living in.

User Detail :  

Name : Anonymous23730, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Anonymous, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : High School Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

Brian
    It is because men, particularly boys and young men, subconsciously wish the girl/woman has had no prior sexual experience. Many think they'll only marry a virgin and most have little or no respect for a woman who has sex without the benefit of marriage. Do not believe a boy who says otherwise; he's lying to you so that he can have his way. Once you've relented, in his mind and in the mind of all those he's told, you are a 'ho'.It would be healthier for all if women felt the same way about men who sleep around.

User Detail :  

Name : Brian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 59, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : business owner, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Myriam-F20221
    Participant
    I have often wondered this myself. I think it has something to do with the sexism that still resides in our society. Women are still expected to be 'proper' and well mannered well it is okay for men to be promiscuous. Men are still thought of as the dominant sex and therefore can do what they want. Women, however, who are promiscuous are thought to have stepped out of bounds because they are no longer being the well behaved yound women that they are supposed to be. This view, of course is underlying in our society and rarely said out loud, but many people (women included) still feel this way even if it is an unconscious thought.

User Detail :  

Name : Myriam-F20221, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Iowa City, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Vail24467
    Participant
    If you believe in the facts of evolution then you need look no further than our nearest relatives. The male ape has a group of females with whom he alone copulates. He has plenty of competitors and occasionally one of his females will check out one of these guys on the sly. Whoa to she who is caught by the king! It's hung on among humans in our patriarchal tendencies because: 1)The man is beleived superior to the woman 2)Excess women in the household have been percieved as liabilities, especially if they give birth too often 3) Brides were often bartered and since childbirth could damage a woman the groom didn't want damaged goods. There's plenty more, but you get the picture. These atttitudes have been sublimated over time and blended into our modern culture where it a woman's sexual behavoir can have no real effect on the communities well-being.

User Detail :  

Name : Vail24467, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mutt, Religion : Atheist, Age : 40, City : Philly, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lance
    I'ld guess you are hanging around with boys who are attempting to assert their masculinity and prove their manliness. The only way they think they can do that is by putting others down/lower than themselves. I think you'll find as you get older most men don't feel the need to put others down in order to raise themselves up. In fact if you look for men who try to raise you up without the expectation of anything in return you'll have many happy relationships.

User Detail :  

Name : Lance, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 52, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Software Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ted
    Participant
    I would say there are two answers for you, niether of which I agree with as a way of life. The first is that traditionally Men are supposed to be the iniating members of relationships. Women were not supposed to assume this rule, unless they were prostitutes. I would said there is a subtle underline of this still in our culture(notice how men iniate tackling or wrestling when flirting in movies) As far as insecurity there is still a lot of male anziety dealing with sex(be it relating to performance or stature). Men being able to sleep around is one means of feeling in control and it would seem women doing the same takes that control away.

User Detail :  

Name : Ted, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 21, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Robin-Dailey
    Participant
    Well It's just more socially ecceptable to have a guy sleep around then a girl. Girls are 'sposs' to be more emotional and have sex because they are in love. Guys are more known for having sex because they are sexually frustrated. Also if your a guy your given accolade for 'getting laid'.

User Detail :  

Name : Robin-Dailey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Black, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 18, City : Aldan, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Line server/caver, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    The fact is that competition is a large part of the male psyche, while relationships have a large amount of importance given to them in the case of females. As such, men will generally respect other men that are sexually promiscuous as it shows their sexual dominance and prowess. Women, on the other hand, see other women that sleep with multiple partners as incapable of forming meaningful relationships, and therefore ridicule and abuse them. Also, any man that calls a girl with lots of sexual partners a 'Ho' is probably just jealous because she hasn't approached him. Plenty of guys like girls that sleep around, me included.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter Franks, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Taoist, Age : 18, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

QWERTY
    Participant
    Picture this. A reasonable attractive guy and girl, who don't know each other are walking down the street. Scenario 1: The Guy goes up to the girl and says 'Hey ur HOT! Wanna F#$%?'. What do you think will happen? Scenario 2: The Girl goes up to the guy and says 'Hey ur HOT! Wanna F#$%?'. What will the result be? My point being that a guy has to do a LOT more to get a girl to do his willing, while a girl does not have to do much. And that's the reason. Plain and Simple Be safe.

User Detail :  

Name : QWERTY, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 25, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Dee W
    Participant
    You are young but should already have noticed the hypocritical, double standard, gender gap. A word for the man who sleeps around is slut or bounder, another is cad ( look them up). I can tell you that sex is not the way to find out who loves you. Sex only tells you that they find you desirable. Many men, when their hormones are raging, would go to be with Medusa ( look her up, Greek mythology). Giving them what they want will make them happy but if you sleep around you will wear the slut/whore label until someone notices we like sex too! Wanting the best (physical, intellectual, nicest) man to make a child can drive a female to want sex with more than one partner the same as wanting to spread their gene can motivate a male.

User Detail :  

Name : Dee W, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 49, City : Grand Rapids, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.