Sex begins at 40?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

valerie
    I always thought reaching the mid-40s was the kiss of death for women as far as dating. But I am noticing much younger men flirting with me. Do younger men really like older women? Is it purely sexual? What's up?

User Detail :  

Name : valerie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mormon, Age : 45, City : Ft. Lauderdale, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Matthew
    Participant
    Why don't you find out and report back to us? If they are flirting, take them up on it and find out if it is flattery, lust or love. You will only know life by living it. Good luck.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Harvey21430
    Participant
    Yes! Maybe! Yes, we do really like you. When I was a young man, older women were always beautiful and very sexy. In my 20s and 30s I dated many women 40-plus, and it was wonderful. I had a healthy, normal relationship with women of my own age, but older women also got my full attention. In some cases it was sexual, but not always. Some of the best times in my life were spent in the company of mature women. If you find the young ones are flirting, then you've got it! You've got the kiss of life!

User Detail :  

Name : Harvey21430, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 50, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jackki21225
    Participant
    Ever since I turned 39, I notice that much younger guys have been hitting on me. I have absolutely no idea why this has been happening, but it's very flattering!

User Detail :  

Name : Jackki21225, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Louisville, State : KY Country : United States, Occupation : Nurse, 

Serene28054
    Participant
    I am a 44-year-old woman looking forward to turning 45 in a few months. I am constantly hit on by younger men. I have dated a few who have their heads together. No, it's not all about sex. The ones who are trolling for sex don't get far with me, basically because you have to be able to make love to my mind first. However, the ones who I have dated look at older women as widening the dating pool. I am also not looking and will not become involved with someone who is just looking for notches on their belt, or wants to be raised again. Younger than me doen't mean young enough to be my child - they've been raised in an era in which they are not intimidated by a woman with education, her own wealth or possessions.

Let's face it: turning 40 did something really beautiful for you. In my case, I wasn't as driven to succeed in business, had completed my child rearing and was more relaxed in mind and spirit and felt more appreciative of myself and others. Some very smart younger men could be picking up on that. I have been told by younger men open to dating older women that that is the quality that they appreciate most: A woman who knows who she is and is comfortable with that. I am enjoying myself more now than I ever have.

User Detail :  

Name : Serene28054, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 44, City : Chandler, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Self Employed, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Most women meet their sexual peak somewhere in their forties or fifties - the high level of desire is likely to last from the thirties to sixties. Men reach their sexual peak in their teens and twenties, so you are an attractive find as someone who is likely both experienced and lusty.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

PHil
    Participant
    My opinion is that women (men, too, I suppose), are taking care of themselves much better than in past generations (physically, emotionally, etc.) and therefore remaining 'attractive' much longer. Also, women seem to be more confident as they age and become more comfortable with who they are and not so hung up on trying to 'be' something they are not. To me, any woman (regardless of age) who is confident, feels attractive and is comfortable in her own skin is very attractive to me.

User Detail :  

Name : PHil, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 37, City : Warren, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : technical, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Ne0n
    Participant
    I am a 17-year-old male and can say that older women are definitely more of a turn-on for men, as they are generally more experienced.

User Detail :  

Name : Ne0n, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Northampton, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Matt21818
    Participant
    I don't find myself seeking out considerably older women. It's just something that doesn't register in most cases. I adore older women as friends and mentors, but sexual attraction isn't even in question. It's not that older women are not beautiful; it's just something that doesn't happen. As for myself and those I see most often, the generality is that young men date young women and older single men date older single women. In my experience, it's simply the way of things, in a general sense. The catch, however, is that I am not part of the bar-hopping culture, and I do not seek premarital sex. Perhaps this is a different thing for people who find dates in singles clubs and/or seek sexual partners who are not necessarily permanent. Most of my friends who do go to bars and/or have sex outside of marriage are college students, and women are all around them at school--they go to bars to get drunk, not to find a date, so perhaps they wouldn't be a good example of young bar-hoppers dating only young women. But bar-hoppers outside of school? Perhaps there is something there. My question is, why do you want a younger man? Or do you?

User Detail :  

Name : Matt21818, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : A strange place, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : composer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bella23345
    Participant
    Maybe younger men are hitting on you because you look their age. That happens to my mom a lot. She's beautiful at 52, and when she's all dressed up she looks 40. She wears trendy, chic, 'young' clothes, but she's careful not to dress too young for her age. She gets her hair and nails professionally done and is careful about skin care and makeup. She still wears a size 7/8 and sometimes 5/6, so she doesn't have the average granny's body or look; maybe you don't, either.

User Detail :  

Name : Bella23345, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Afro-Caribbean, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Terri
    Participant
    Oh yeah, it happens, and I'm living proof. You are right about men thinking some older women are the same age as them or close to it. I am forty two years old, and last summer, I was hit on by a 28 year old. When I told him how old I was, his jaw about hit the floor. I've had this happen many times since my divorce, as I do not look near my age.

User Detail :  

Name : Terri, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, 

Eric
    Participant
    Younger men have heard via Bill Clinton that older women ,'are HOT'. Thus some feel that older women may have something to prove and be a bit more liberal sexually.

User Detail :  

Name : Eric, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 54, City : Pasadena, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Male Nurse, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Leroy-Armitage
    Participant
    You can expect younger men to lust after you well into your fifties. There is something very sexy about women your age that I can't quite put my finger on. Whatever it is just enjoy it.

User Detail :  

Name : Leroy-Armitage, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 31, City : Binghamton, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I think GOOD SEX starts around that age. By the time you reach 40 you've had enough good and bad sex to not only KNOW the difference but you also know what you want and don't want. You also start to love yourself around this age and the way you feel about you is reflected in the way the opposite sex reacts to you. CDH

User Detail :  

Name : ChristalClarity32225, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 53, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Scott28182
    Participant
    I would have to say it is a matter of personal preference, but there is something about an 'older-than-me' woman that is very sexually attractive. I have experience with it as well on a couple of occasions, and was never disappointed. I think it stems from the idea that older woman are more experienced and know exactly what they want (and what I want for that matter). Keep feeling sexy!!

User Detail :  

Name : Scott28182, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Youngstown, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : student/engineer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.