On the receiving end?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Michael20650
    Participant
    Basically anal sex is pleasurable for both partners. Many gay men but not all engage in anal sex. Many gay men but not all engage in oral sex. Many gay men engage in sexual activities that they find pleasurable, but not every form of sexual activity.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20650, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Black/African American, Age : 47, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

David26037
    Participant
    Yes! Because it's fun! DOH! Did you think this is genetic or something? We've just learned about an intensely erotic activity that straight guys can't figure out. Their loss.

User Detail :  

Name : David26037, Sexual Orientation : Gay, City : Smith, State : MO Country : United States, 

James-W
    Participant
    I like both. Receiving is to feel male power as well as the erotic stimulation of 'having sex.' Giving is to give pleasure (really making love) and, as before, to have the body-to-body joy of the sexual encounter with someone you love (partner) or friend (the fun of someone different).

User Detail :  

Name : James-W, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 49, City : Scotch Plains, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Own business, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jerry
    Participant
    I do not speak for all gay men. No one can. We are all different. Personally, I both give and receive anal sex, because I wish to experience the totality of the different aspects of a physical relationship with my partner. In fact, I am no longer interested in getting involved with anyone who claims to be exclusively 'a bottom' or 'a top'. It is more than a matter of just 'give and take'. It has to do with being willing to meet each other's needs and sharing experiences. As a matter of disclosure, I should tell you that I have been widowed twice: 1 heterosexual marriage, 1 homosexual. My ten year gay marriage did not involve anal sex and that was not a problem because it involved love as well as sex.

User Detail :  

Name : Jerry, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 63, City : Colorado Springs, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : retired school teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Bryan
    Participant
    All sexual acts, hetero or homo, are performed because you (physically or emotionally) enjoy them. For this post, let's stick to the physicall aspect. As for anal sex, the same holds true. As for giving (being a top), the pleasure there should be obvious as it's exactly the same as vaginal sex. As for receiving (being a bottom), there is a bit of biology involved. The area itself is just absolutely full of nerve endings, so stimulation of the area is pleasurable (when done properly, which could lead into a side discussion of 'tossing salad', but that's not what this post is about). What's more, inside the rectum is the prostate, also teaming with nerve endings. The stimulation of the prostate alone is more than enough to give a lot of men (gay or straight) an orgasm. As for whether or not you are a top or a bottom, that's just a matter of personal preference; and most gay men are not exclusively one or the other, they're versatile.

User Detail :  

Name : Bryan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Tech support agent, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

FB
    Participant
    I am 'passive' in anal sex for at least these reasons: 1) I have tried to be in 'active' role in anal sex, but in my opinion it feels really boring and I cannot get orgasm in that way 2) If I am 'passive', it feels pleasant and my orgasm thresold comes quite low. Normally I tend to have too high treshold for orgasm, so it is difficult to have orgasm in a sex unless I have anal sex where I am 'passive'.

User Detail :  

Name : FB, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : Helsinki, State : NA Country : Finland, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tim
    Participant
    I prefer to receive but I do both, depending on what my partner likes. Most gay guys I know are open to both, but have a preference for one or the other. The reason is pretty simple: it feels good. That is not a 'gay' thing, believe it or not. Straight men, if they learned to relax properly, are sexually stimulated by anal penetration as well. I believe it's due to stimulation of the prostate gland which is located down there somewhere. It intensifies sexual stimulation, and makes orgasms even more powerful. I have several straight male friends who like to have their girlfriends finger them anally during sex (with cropped fingernails of course...otherwise, ouch). It's a purely physiological response and is in no way indicative of homosexual tendencies. That said, most guys are probably threatened by this response to anal stimulation, since it has been erroneously categorized as 'gay'. This holds true with homosexuals as well. In my experience, guys who will only 'Top' (take the penetrative role) have a hang up about being 'butch'. This is not universally true. Some guys just had bad experiences with it early on (if you're not properly relaxed, it hurts like hell) and lose interest. Others, for whatever reason, just plain don't like it much. There are a other factors. Guys who are well endowed often enjoy topping more, probably because they get to show it off that way (it's a guy thing). The inverse holds for men on the small side. Also, some bottoms I know can not keep an erection with a condom on, and rather than have unprotected sex, they just opt for the 'bottom' (receiving) role. It seems to me (and many others that I know) that there is a shift in the gay community towards 'bottoming'. As I mentioned earlier, it does feel very good once you learn how to relax your anal muscles (technically the 'sphincter'). I think maybe guys prefer to top until they finally figure out how to enjoy bottoming, but once that happens it becomes their preference. That's pure speculation though. Sexuality is odd and complex and in the end nobody can truly explain why they like what they do. Hope that helps.

User Detail :  

Name : Tim, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Graphic Designer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jeremy27831
    Participant
    the simplist answer is that it is pleasurable and as to giving or reciving that depends upon the dynamics of the relationship and personal prefrance

User Detail :  

Name : Jeremy27831, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Human, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 30, City : huntington, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : dishwasher, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Zac-C19522
    Participant
    For pleasure, I suppose.

User Detail :  

Name : Zac-C19522, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, City : Revelstoke, State : NA Country : Canada, 
    I'm versatile but prefer bottom. I'll give anal sex but I prefer to receive. For me it feels good.

User Detail :  

Name : DAVID MICHAEL PARRY, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 34, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Merchandiser, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Scott19706
    Participant
    The prostate gland is a very sensitive part of the male body. When it is stimulated by a finger, dildo or hard penis it produces a heavenly feeling. If you haven't tried this please do so. Try it in the bathtub after making sure you are clean of course. This will not turn you gay but you will understand better and maybe even add some spice to your presumably hetero sex life.

User Detail :  

Name : Scott19706, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 50, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

GordonR
    I'm a gay man and I don't like anal sex. Giving or receiving. Some people find this surprising. But they also think it's surprising to learn that lots of heterosexual couples LOVE anal sex.

User Detail :  

Name : GordonR, City : Salt Lake City, State : UT Country : United States, 
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.