Older folks and Buicks

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

stevem
    Participant
    That explains all the 60 years olds driving Grand Nationals

User Detail :  

Name : stevem, City : oceanside, State : NY Country : United States, 

Jacob
    Here's my hypothesis... The older you get, the less 'surprise' you want in your life. You like WHAT you like, and it ain't gonna change. All 'old folks' cars have several things in common. If you notice the dashboards of these monsters, they look almost identical to the Fords, Chevy's, and Plymouths of the 1950's...when these people learned how to drive and were actively driving. Gearsticks are always on the right side of the column, gear letters in a certain order (P, R, N, 1, 2,3) and the fuel gauge, odometer, battery, and all the rest of the indicaters are exactly where they were 40 years ago. That's what they know, and it won't ever change.

User Detail :  

Name : Jacob, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Environmental Chemist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

kc
    Participant
    There's a joke that the local Buick won't sell you a Buick unless you have grey hair. There's almost truth to that. Older folks (like me) tend to travel a lot. Buicks give me what i want on a road trip. Some size. A lot of dependability. Good gas mileage (30 highway). And a great ride. What more could we want!

User Detail :  

Name : kc, City : novi, State : MI Country : United States, 

Melissa-B
    Participant
    I notice it too. But not in Buicks, but in Chryslers. My Grandfather had 3 different older Chryslers. The last one he had, I inherited when he passed away. The only difference I saw as opposed to other cars in that the seats are SO comfortable! If I could rip out the seats of my '87 Chrysler New Yorker and put them in my '03 For Focus, I would. I don't care how ugly it would look but at least I would be comfortable.

User Detail :  

Name : Melissa-B, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 20, City : Clarks Summit, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.