Like ‘black’ culture, hate ‘black’ people

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

quiana30334
    Participant
    I know I am young ,but what you say is completely ignorant. I am not love everything that has anyhting to do with Africa and 75% of my best friends are white and I treat them like family because that's what they are to me. I don't know what black people you have been around, but maybe you should venture out more. By the way, Pete, do you coach volleyball for JJVA?

User Detail :  

Name : quiana30334, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : black, chinese , and cuban, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : orange park, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

diana
    Participant
    Monique, you of all people (being a strong black women in todays society) should kno that not all black young people are the way you described. in general todays youth is getting worse and worse, but not only blacks or only whites, and the people we have to blame for this is the youths PARENTS. everyday you see a parent on tv or at your job talking about how they cant Control their kids behavior, or 'i havetried 'everything' and nothing is working. todays parents arent as strict and arent as available to their children anymore. which leads to the children resenting their parents and acting out the way they do today. Youth today also feed off of what they see around them, they learn from the elder. Now when i child or an adolesent sees an elder do something derogative they sometimes think that they are supposed to act this way, now again this takes us back to the parents role! If the parents were there more often and were able to talk to their child about things like school, girl/boyfriend, their first date, sex, everything in general then todays youth society would not be as bad as it is. i have alot of great black friends. i have a daughter that is mixed,(her father is black). i have grown up with alot of blacks, but not all black children feed off of the weak and volnerable people. WHITES do it too. chinese, spanish, wut you should say is YOUTH in general have become the most unthoughtful people, also keep in mind that not ALL you have though. their are young adults today that talk to their parents and learn from mistakes. im not saying that if your rich then thats the only way to be able to talk to your child. most parents today are single parents tryin to work the hardest to bring their children up with everything that they never had as a child and to do that is very hard work as a single parent. What Im trying to say Monique, is that you are a strong black woman who is surviving in todays society and you deserve alot for it, but do not catagorize the youth as black youth only who are preying off the weak and are the only youth that are nasty, rude, and evil children. the mere fact is that all children that feel they need attention or are just having some problems or who are just plain out rude and disobiediant are the ones who are nasty, evil, and rude and looking for people who aare weak to prey on , those children and those adolesants are the ones who are bad,and guess what? THEY ARE IN ALL SHAPES, COLORS, AND NATIONALITIES. NOT JUST BLACKS.

User Detail :  

Name : diana, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : WHITE/NATIVE INDIAN, City : ocala, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 

alex
    Participant
    How can people like you make such generalizations? It because of people like you the planet is run by white supremacy. Especially if you think capitalism was created by white people. Here is a thought: how about i come into your house and take out everything that was made, created, or patent by a person of color, and see what you have left....then ill let you decide who entertains and copies off of who.

User Detail :  

Name : alex, Gender : F, Race : *poweRpuFF greeN*, Age : 19, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : *maDsCienTist*, 

Jeff
    Participant
    First, Equaling the virtues of Western Culture only to those of white culture is totally asinine, in that America and all it stands for today has been built on the backs of not only the Europeans who once settled here, but also on the backs of slaves as well as immigrants, who came seeking a government created 'for the people, by the people.' Secondly, yes I am first generation American, my family is West Indian, but my family ties to Africa are as old as your family ties to Europe. If anything I would only be interested in visiting Africa, to observe it's rich culture, as would you on a visit to England or wherever you family originated. I am American, I was born America and I will die an American as will you. My culture is your culture, and until you and other people who think like you understand that, comments like the one you made, we forever fuel our ignorance to one another.

User Detail :  

Name : Jeff, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Chaka
    Participant
    Could it be that 'white culture' was force fed to blacks from the minute they were brought here. The Africans who came to america where stripped of almost everything 'african' on purpose and were subject to their white slavemasters. So they had little choice in the matter. As time progressed Black people have created for themselves a culture within a culture so I dont really see how you can say that.

User Detail :  

Name : Chaka, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 

Sam Foster
    I have come across this a lot recently, including with a co-worker. She was deep into hip-hop music, liked wearing Baby Phat (Russel Simmons' hip-hop clothing label for women), but when she saw black people on the TV in our office, she'd make negative comments... this is what I call 'Minstrel Syndrome'. The idea here is that it's ok for blacks to be entertainers and providers of goods, but they're not good enough to be a friend of acquaintance. As long as a black person is singing, dancing, being a buffoon, or any other activity that fits the stereotype they have in their head, it's ok. Once they deviate from it, they're 'stepping out of line'. And by the way, after months of my complaining, she was finally fired for her comments (my boss couldn't understand how someone white could be offended by racism that wasn't aimed at whites... another example of living in a bubble). Peace!

User Detail :  

Name : Sam Foster, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Spiritual, Not Religious, Age : 23, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Broadcast Editor, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    You sir are a racist. Maybe you didn't realize it but white people are not descedents of America but of Europe. You are as much of a foreigner as I am and I'm biracial. Maybe you forgot but white people stole this land from Native Americans they did not originate in America. Also, if you did not want black people in the west and back in Africa your ancestors should not have taken blacks from their homeland and brung them to the west. LASTLY, read a history book. A lot of the technology that you use on a day to day basis was invented by a black person. ex. the stop light.

User Detail :  

Name : Aayesha Izoela LaMark, Gender : F, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Waitress, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    Listen to your ignorant self. I think you should go back to school to learn more about world history.

User Detail :  

Name : Jared WhiteCrack, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : anytown, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

J21101
    Participant
    I think hip-hop is the forward Harlem Renaissance. And what can we say. I think the improtant hing to remember is that hip hop, music, and everything blacks do encompassing that is a part of their culture. All this would exist no matter if blacks were in Africa, Australia, or the U.S. A lot of whites don't understand that we are not like this to get attention or acceptance from them this is just how we are and will always be. So they can make all the comments they want it doesn't matter.

User Detail :  

Name : J21101, City : L.A, State : CA Country : United States, 

Christine19662
    Participant
    'Black youths in general are very nasty and evil, rude and are always looking and preying on weak, vulnerable people. ' How dare you. Simply put. In additon you are weak and vulnerable. you are vulnearble by your own ignorace. YOu are weak because you know no better. And Im sorry if you have had painfull experineces with other Blacks. And Im sorry you havent found any non-evil,rude or nasty Blacks to hang around wiht. But you are disgusting to me simply because you take the time to bash what you dont completly know. You and I are both Black, and I am not better than you ( vice versa). but you are rude,nasty,evil. Simply because you are Black. And Im sorry I have to say that to one of MY OWN! MY OWN!! I hope that resonates in your head. as it does in mine and many others.....

User Detail :  

Name : Christine19662, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Storrs, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.