Like ‘black’ culture, hate ‘black’ people

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Alea29013
    Participant
    Why is it that whites and Hispanics who are keen on black culture are still so hateful toward blacks? I have never heard of a Hispanic person hiring a black person in my life (all my black friends say the same) and affirmative action is needed for a white person to even look at a black person's resume. Yet these same people listen to 'black' music. Why? It doesn't make sense to like a group's culture but hate the people.

User Detail :  

Name : Alea29013, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 23, City : Bronx, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Andres
    Participant
    I have noticed this phenomenon, too. I live out in a nowhere hicktown where every kid is white, dresses in fubu, etc., and has DMX blasting from souped-up cars. Some are even friends with a few blacks at school, and act 'down' when around them, and then call them 'nigger' behind their back. I don't get it. They also regard blacks with mistrust and as thieves, rapists and just plain violent, as well as uneducated and just about any other stereotype you can think of. I asked one why this was, and he simply said, 'I hate niggers, but there ain't nothin' wrong with likin' their music, is there?'

User Detail :  

Name : Andres, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Chambersburg, State : PA Country : United States, 

Mark G
    Participant
    Affirmitive Action in my view is an insult to minorities. It was developed by people that actually believe that minorities are inferior and need a helping hand. Affirmitive action in my opinion says that minorites are stupid or lazy. I believe that we need to change the way we look at the hiring and college acceptance practice and hire and accept without asking the race question. Democrats feel that we need affirmitive action. Republicans believe that we are all created equal in the eyes of the lord and that everyone needs to work hard to achieve thier goals. Affirmitive action is pure and simple a racist program and should be abolished.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark G, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 31, City : Hesperia, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

William
    I think it is because they find it hard to admit that most of the very things that they enjoy and use to make their lives easier were created mostly by a people that they consider to be the oppressor. Everything from the cars they drive to the cellphones they talk on while driving them were due to the western culture but we will never get a pat on the back for the wonderful things we have done, only a slap in the face for the bad. Even FUBU is based on european designed clothes.

User Detail :  

Name : William, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 39, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Francis
    Participant
    I don't really listen to black music, but I can answer your question about hiring. I am a manager in the customer service industry in a mostly black area, and after I hired more than a hundred blacks in the last 5 years, only 2 were good to keep. About 75 percent were substandard in education, had personal problems, always called in because of 'situations' and had terrible attendance with bad attitudes. Many were fired for stealing company or customer property, etc. I have never been prejudiced, but after years of trying, I don't really want to deal with them anymore. By the way, my boss is black and he's fed up, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Francis, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 40, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Management, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kristina
    First, the ideals of capitalism, democracy, technology and freedom were not created by white culture alone. All people (including blacks) around the globe have fought, lost their lives, risked alienation, etc., to help bring these ideologies into being to help their society function better. Perhaps if you took an African-American studies class that discussed the advances in technology and the arts (literature, plays, etc.), you would learn of the thousands of blacks who have contributed in these areanas. Stop assuming that white equals freedom, because white culture has been responsible for some of the most evil things done against humanity.

Second, just because a society doesn't have technology doesn't mean it is inferior to a white or 'Westernized' society that does. These people have no desire for technology in their culture because they are more concerned about the spiritual elements of life than having power and money. And many of them have knowledge about life that Western people don't have. For example, in my Spanish class, I learned of a so-called 'primitive' tribe that lives more than 80 years with no 'Western' medicine -- they rely purely on their environment and diet to help promote such a long life. Their quality of life is generally better as well.

Lastly, as far as the African thing: Why should blacks go back to Africa and live there? Why don't you go back to Europe? The majority were born here and think of themselves as Americans, not foreigners, and they have every right to feel that way. They complain about the racist elements of white culture because they have a right. They are the only group that is automatically assumed to be something derogatory just because of their physical features, by every race on this earth. You don't like to hear them 'complain' because you are too set in believing your own stereotypes about them. Not all of us, including the young ones, are ghetto, hood-rat thugs who want to take advantage of others.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transcriber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Monique20332
    Participant
    In my experience and the encounters I have had with other blacks, they deserve to have people being hateful toward them because they themselves are very hateful. I can say this even though I'm a part of this race. Black youths in general are very nasty and evil, rude and are always looking and preying on weak, vulnerable people. A person can like another person's culture and not like them; it all depends on what kind of people they encounter. Other non-blacks can listen and enjoy rap and R&B because of its rhythm and and not because it has to do with a particular group of people. As for myself, I enjoy some R&B but don't like the youths who normally listen to it. Keep in mind that those people you're taliking about probably have had bad encounters with blacks. Then again, you could be exaggerating or generalizing a bit. I know what I'm saying is controversial, but that is the truth.

User Detail :  

Name : Monique20332, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Ft. Myers, State : FL Country : United States, 

Lori22586
    Participant
    Millions of black people have jobs, and a great many of them were hired by white and Hispanic people. Why do you think they were hired only because of affirmative action? Do you have any evidence of this? I don't think there's necessarily a level playing field yet for people of different races or genders; you have made a generalization. The top reasons resumes go into the trash are: Poor presentation (typos and bad spelling on the resume or cover letter), lack of experience relevant to the position, or a spotty work history (for instance, someone who has changed jobs five times in three years).

User Detail :  

Name : Lori22586, Gender : F, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Pete30380
    Participant
    Why do black people love all the things that come with 'white' culture, such as democracy, personal freedoms, capitalism and technology, yet treat white people with such disdain? I have yet to hear a black person say anything positive about Western culture, and yet they continue to live in the West. And why do black people absolutely love anything to do with Africa, extol the virtues of their ancestral land, and yet go through their entire life never visiting or even considering living there - even though they associate with the continent more than the United States?

User Detail :  

Name : Pete30380, Gender : M, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Marcus22213
    Participant
    Interesting response, howver not true. Western/white culture is superior without a doubt. Just look at the world. There is not ONE successful black run country in the world. NOT ONE! When blacks took over South Africa,, it descended into a pit of hell, that now is rife with murder/rape/robbery,, and police can't control the violence committed by blacks to other blacks and whites. To say black countries are more intrerested in spirituality than technology is rediculous. I would bet a million dollars, if you gave one of those 'spiritual' people an automobile, he'd quickly forget his 'chicken sacrificing' voodoo 'religion' in favor of the car. Even so,, i recently saw a good documentary on Zimbabwe,, were severl local people finally admitted, that they were better off with colonial rule, and wished for the return of English white people so the country could at least be run in a decent manner.

User Detail :  

Name : Marcus22213, City : Ottawa, State : WY Country : Canada, 
    That's a general statement.all 'blacks' is all encompassing,and as a black person,i know that all americans take life in the u.s. for granted.This is a wonderful place to live,but it is not perfect,and i will tell you that there is much to complain about.as far as 'loving anything to do with Africa', I for one dont know any black folks who love anything or everything or even a few things about Africa.Perhaps there may be respect for where are ancestors came from.I've been to africa,and seen things that most americans,black or white will never see.I think every american should take a one month trip to the third world country of their choice,this will help you to appreciate how we live in the states.

User Detail :  

Name : jared wilson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, City : navarre, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : acft mechanic, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Marron-Bella22133
    Participant
    This is because Black people did not ask to be brought into western civilization. The reason blacks like western culture is because we have been brainwashed by white culture that everything white and western in good. Since blacks did not ask to be here, and since blacks literally built this country, then we are entitled to the benefits of western culture. We have fought in every war since the Revolutionary war, but have never been treated like a first-class citizens. We did not immigrate to America like so many of the immigrants do today. How dare any white person say such a thing. We don't like white people because white people are not right by us.

User Detail :  

Name : Marron-Bella22133, City : Anniston, State : AL Country : United States, 

Kiea
    Your question is a valid one and deserves no less than the most honest, non-hostile answer any person of reason can give. But before I proceed, I would like to respond to the others who half-wittedly offered their responses:

Monique, you stated that most African Americans were hateful, rude and evil, and that therefore they were deserving of the hatred perpetrated toward them. I'm assuming because the bottom of your post listed you as Afican American that your parents and siblings are of the same ethnicity as you. If my assumption is correct, you are saying it's OK for your mother, father and even yourself to be hated based on the color of your skin.

Franco, I have been employed since I was 15. My latest job finds me working in an office where 98 percent of the work force is white. There are a few co-workers in my department who constantly call in ill or have other excuses they often use, leaving me to do thier jobs. Because the majority of the work staff is Caucasian, should I assume they are lazy because they are white, or that they are lazy because they are lazy people?

Pete, you said that if we don't like America we should go back to Africa. In case you haven't been informed, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even we blacks. Furthermore, you're no more entitled to this country than we are. If anyone should be kicking poeple out, I think it should be Native Americans; after all, this is their land, no matter how many pieces of paper Europeons manufacture to say otherwise.

Now, to answer the question: Our (African American) culture is like an overly attractive woman: Men want to date her. Women want to be her, and everyone wants to know her. If any of these people can't get their way, they start to hate her. Why? Because they desire what can never be theirs. We are that woman; our culture is her beauty.

User Detail :  

Name : Kiea, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Montgomery, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    I grew up in an all black neighborhood, being the only white child, and though i now live in an area where there is virtually no diversity from white, i still feel more comfortable, say for instance, being approached by a large black man than a large white man... i know many people who are like you explained, that act 'black' in their clothes and music, probably more so than me, and yet are racist in other ways. I think it may have something to do with their upbringing, they are drawn to aspects of 'black clture' because it is different to them, and yet are suspicious of blacks for the same reason, they are 'different'.

User Detail :  

Name : Savannah C., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Beckley, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : cashier, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jordan
    Participant
    You hit it right in the bulls-eye

User Detail :  

Name : Jordan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 20, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Security/Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.