Is the black “bubble butt” genetic?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Damian
    Evolution my friend, and the need to store fat on the body in line with various climates. i.e. White women in general have a higher all over body fat content than Black women because in Europe(the origin of Caucasians) the climate has always been colder than in Africa (the origin of Black people therefore black people have an inherently lower body fat ratio than white people. So you see the answer is not in genetics but in evolution.

User Detail :  

Name : Damian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Black, Age : 30, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Accountant, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jazzle
    Participant
    I think that is a question that will never be able to be answered. Even though it does seem that most African-descended women (as well as men) have big butts or 'badunkadunks' ;myself as an example. Although I do have a friend if not friends with flat butts. So, I guess it is something that we will never know!

User Detail :  

Name : Jazzle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : Springfield, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Bunnie
    Participant
    You haven't seen nothing until you com down south,all these girls got some big nasty booties!!!! i mean jelly butts, the guys down here call it thickness but me i call it fat!!!!i guess because i'ma a girl and from the north!!!(it's gross)

User Detail :  

Name : Bunnie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Chattanooga, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : basketball/high school, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

AZA
    Participant
    Black women have several unique attributes of beauty that separate them from woman of other races. One of their most distinguishing feature is the shape of their behind. The "c"- shaped that you are referring to is also known as: onion booty, bubble butt, or simply phat ass. This trait, although extremely desirable to black men is so often regarded as being excessive by Europeans. Living in white dominated country, Africoid features, although secretly desired and admired, are not usually openly accepted in this society. In fact, if they are accepted, they are renamed or embraced only when a transitional person is celebrated. When skinny white models start to inject their lips w/ collagen in order to have the appearance of full natural lips they were called "Paris lips". Jennifer Lopez, w/ her transitional features is now embraced and criticized for her nice c-shaped ass which she inherited from her African ancestry. The fact is that this trait is genetic. Evidence of this predates history to the earliest human cultures. There are figurines and stone paintings of African Goddess that depict and even exaggerate this body type dating back 10,000 years. Most likely, there is a biological reason for this. A general rule of biology is that "form" follows "function". Many of the features that define us racially are related to the body's attempt to manage heat. Body types, lips, nose, skin, and hair are all examples of these features. In general Africans have tall, lean bodies in order to dissipate heat. Europeans have shorter, stockier and fatter bodies in order to conserve heat in cold climates. An extended C-shaped buttocks would provide greater surface area for dissipating heat while also providing optimal space for muscle in order to facilitate movement. Even if a white woman appears to have a descent ass, when the clothes or the support is removed it usually falls flat. When white woman have large asses it's usually wide to the side and flat w/ cottage cheese, but a black woman's ass seems to concentrate more muscle tissue and remains in place. For the record I love the c-shape of black woman's ass. It is truly a thing of beauty. To me it is correctly proportioned to the God-given dimensions that is natural for her, and it is white women who lack proportionality and almost always have "noassatall".

User Detail :  

Name : AZA, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : NYC, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Medical Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mary-Z21946
    Participant
    Okay here is a related question, that is one I just couldn't ask too many people in person. Hope its okay to ask it here, and its still kind of awkward to ask so I hope it doesn't offend. Do black men (generally speaking) prefer large butts on women more than white men do? All my life I've thought butt size was something to hide, then one day the Rickey Lake show was on (I was channel surfing) and all these women (both black and white) were carrying on how they wanted big butts, and felt inferior for their small butts. They put fake butts on these women, sent them out on the street to be admired. To my reality it was so bizarre..you mean, that a big butt could actually be a *good* thing? I asked my one black male friend I felt comfortable asking this stuff too, and he got a little smirk and well he at least seems to think so. So..guys..what gives?

User Detail :  

Name : Mary-Z21946, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : technology, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Miller20459
    Participant
    IM white and I have a bubble butt

User Detail :  

Name : Miller20459, Age : 22, City : KC, State : MO Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    hey i like all asses, i dont discriminate, but i dont know why booties are big in the black race.

User Detail :  

Name : chris-whitaker32146, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 16, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, 

Lekeisha
    Yes, the 'C' shape is genetic. As a matter of fact, in the 1800's a doctor convinced a female african patient to go to the United Kingdom and was featured in freak shows on account of her large buttocks as well as her private parts (they considered them to be quite large.)

User Detail :  

Name : Lekeisha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 22, City : Pensacola, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Tochtli24641
    Participant
    Yes, I read there is a biological factor. I learned this after some research in order to draw female bodies. It is said that when drawing a female body from the side, the butt is an important factor even though we are not conscious about it. The theory is that black woman have those 'c' behinds because of their skeletical structure. The relationship between the thorax cavity and the column makes that form. That's because the thorax cavity (aka. the chest bones) are more elevated than any other ethnicity. That elevation of the thorax cavity makes the column vertebras to 'curve' sooner, hence having a buttom as 'table-like'. But since there is space, the rest of it simply continues in that 'length' intil it reaches the thigh. Making, in some black women, a beautiful 'c'.

User Detail :  

Name : Tochtli24641, Gender : M, Age : 21, City : -, State : NA Country : Mexico, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Irene
    There is a biological reason I think. Years ago I read on the internet of a 19th century adventurer who went into (then) unknown area's of Africa. He stumbled onto what he called bushmen (i don't remember the name well) and he gave a typical 19th century fysical description of their bodies. One of the descriptions was that they all had a fatty lump on the upper part of their butt. Okay, I know that sounds stupid but that's what i read. Another description was that the women seemed to have high set breasts. I myself have noticed that black women (in average) have higher set breasts (is more beautiful i think, i wish my breasts were higher) than white women. It's just a biological thing i guess. Also i have heard that black men love wide hips and i've noticed that black women don't have wide hips that often. Maybe i'm talking rubbish. I'm sorry if i offended anyone!

User Detail :  

Name : Irene, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : antwerp, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

David Rogers
    Participant
    Olu, your from Nigeria aren't you?, or of nigerian descent.. The bubble butt, isn't genitic. When a group of people eat the same kind of food, and come area. They carry the same characteristics. Simply the blacks eat mostly yhe smae type of foods, and their gene(being similar) are reacting in the same way.

User Detail :  

Name : David Rogers, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, I don't consider myself black, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Upland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Mary
    Participant
    It doesn't matter how big your butt is no matter what race you are. For intince Jennifer Lopez is Latino and she has a big butt. And alot of white girls do have flat butts though but that is all in there genes. It doesn't matter what size you are or race.

User Detail :  

Name : Mary, Gender : F, Race : mixed, Religion : Christian, Age : 14, City : Pasendena, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : stundent, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Dr-Thor
    Participant
    Yes it is a medical genetic issue see dictionary for Steatopygia for the long version.

User Detail :  

Name : Dr-Thor, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Alaska Native, Religion : Native American, Age : 39, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : md, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Paul30465
    Participant
    There is definitely a genetic component, and even a scientific term for the 'bubble' aka 'steatopygous' behind. It is most pronounced among peoples adapted to life in hot and dry places, but not used to covering themselves in lots of clothing. One example are the Bushmen or !Kung of the Kalahari desert. The traditional interpretation is that by concentrating all the body fat in one place, the body can still accumulate plenty of nutrient reserves in times of plenty, without increasing the risk for overheating due to thermal insulation effects. By comparison, the white anthropologists that came up with this story were themselves much more prone to heat strokes while visiting the Kalahari desert, because they and their ancestors grew up with insulating body fat all over the body, which helped them cope better with the chillier climates of their native lands.

User Detail :  

Name : Paul30465, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 37, City : Riverside, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.