Is the black “bubble butt” genetic?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Olu
    Participant
    While there are numerous examples of fatt butts on whites, Latinos and blacks, there is one behind shape that seems more likely to be on people of African descent: the defined 'c' shape (from the side view), or what has been called the 'bubble butt.' When do I see a large bum on a white person, it is usually in proportion to the rest of their bodies. However, I have seen the defined 'c' shape on black women who might otherwise be as skinny as a pole. I am not saying that all black people have large behinds or that all non-black or non-African-descended races don't have large behinds. However, when I do see a so-called large behind on a white person (say Marilyn Monroe or another 'voluptuous goddess' ), it is usually what you would call large in terms of square inch space and not from the side view. Is there a biological reason for all this?

User Detail :  

Name : Olu, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

MarronBella22145
    Participant
    I read somewhere in a geneology textbook that it has to do with how our ancestors reserved water in their bodies in the hot desert climate. I heard that our African ancestors stored water in their buttocks. I'm not saying that this is true, but I did read it somewhere.

User Detail :  

Name : MarronBella22145, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Anniston, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Matt
    Participant
    I took an anatomy class and this was discussed. There is a condition of the lower spine, I believe it's lordosis, where the lower spine curves out more than normal causing Blacks' butts to stick out more. It effects all races from what I remember, but is predominately among the black community kind of like sickle cell.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Stacey Sikes
    Participant
    I think it is wrong to stereotype 'the bubble butt' only to african americans. I know many white people who have a bubble butt.Butts are butts they are not genetic or race related.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey Sikes, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : baptist/penecostal, Age : 18, City : Farmington, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : waitress, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jessica-Dietz30831
    Participant
    This could be a genetic effect, another racial attribute, however, i have noticed myself and been told many times having a 'ghetto' booty or a 'bubble' butt, maybe it's the same with the lips issues, black people see their lips fine but from a white person stance they are large and shapely. Im not an expert, but just a hypothosis..

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica-Dietz30831, Gender : F, City : dover, State : AR Country : United States, 
    People look different from one another due to genetic/biological differences. Why wouldn't you assume that the 'bubble-butt' comes from genetic differences as well? What else could it be, a brand of jeans that only Black women wear?? Not likely.

User Detail :  

Name : Gabriela Davis, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Racially mixed Hispanic and Black, Age : 21, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Fred-Williams
    Participant
    The extra cushion is for sitting while others work.

User Detail :  

Name : Fred-Williams, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 29, City : Loas Angalis, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Garbage Man, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

amanda31495
    Participant
    I think that when it comes to genes that african american women and men do tend to have 'C' shaped butts more then any other race. It's a racial profiling becuase it's an attribute that particular race holds such as asians have flat faces and narrow eyes and small figures. Do u ever rarely see a asian overweight jsu like rarely ever see a balck woman with no ass.

User Detail :  

Name : amanda31495, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 19, City : queens, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : waitress, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Mike
    Participant
    i don't know why that it is that black women have it, but i love it...it's a beautiful thing

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 18, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Carl
    Participant
    If you watch white 80's movies, you will notice a lot less butt than today. I think that white guys in previous generations didn't really pay as much attention to the merits of a proper behind until they noticed how much lots of black guys loved them. Basically, If your race wants to have sex with a nicely shaped da-dunka-dunk butt, then there will be more babies with them, and so on, over time. (PS I know a white girl with a HUGE C-Butt. She loves it)

User Detail :  

Name : Carl, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

TC27462
    Participant
    Well, I too have been wondering, and I, too, have one of those 'Bubble-butts'. While I'm not ashamed of it, as a matter of fact, I love it because it's a part of who I am. But to say whether or not mine is genetic is difficult. My mom and my sister don't have it, but I have a grand-aunt that does. So maybe it is, or maybe it isn't genetic. I know that I didn't really answer your question, but I was kind of wondering too? Somebody help us out!

User Detail :  

Name : TC27462, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : G. Town, State : NA Country : Cayman Islands, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tinuviel24624
    Participant
    Possibly genetics? I've known people of all races to use boosters too - and natural. Maybe Marilyn didnt really have a large butt. It could have been made to appear that way so that she would seem more voluptuous.

User Detail :  

Name : Tinuviel24624, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Z. Michael
    That is a very good question.

User Detail :  

Name : Z. Michael, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Springfield, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Producer, 

alex
    Participant
    Why would you think somethin like this? And what exactly is 'proportional' when it comes to human beings. Hell humans used to walk around with hunch backs. Biological, no. Because the arugment could be made that white women have fat stomachs, and no behind.....why is that? You tell me.

User Detail :  

Name : alex, Gender : F, Race : *poweRpuFF greeN*, Age : 19, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : *maDsCienTist*, 

Lisa
    I dont know if there is a biological reason for this, however I do know because I worked for a chiropractor, that if the spine sways in too far, it is called hypolordosis. I have it and Im caucasian. Im thin, so it does make the C shape that you are talking about.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 36, City : Port Richey, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : disabled, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.