Inferiority complexes?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    At the same rate Whites are going to tanning salons and surgically making their lips fuller, blacks are getting weaves, praising long hair,cursing 'nappy hair, getting nose jobs and wearing lighter make-up. Both sides of the scale are tipped, whether they are even,i can not say for certain. But it is necessary for people of all races not to make generalized decisions based on one sided facts.

User Detail :  

Name : K. Koffie-Lart, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : Silver Spring, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Jason31225
    Participant
    No, SOME whites get an enlargement in the lips for presentation (Larger, redder lips show sexual arousal) they aren't getting lips that hit the ground. The Tans are so that they can look slimmer, and I have YET to see a white person try to imitate or WANT your hairstyles (or the course hair for that matter) Oh and a larger ass is nice, but a typical Black ass that you can serve a Four course meal on is not what Whites go for. As far as Marshal is concerned, Whitey Likes him because he WON'T back down from the people that are trying to shut him down. Now Ice T on the other hand crushed in a few hours, and removed Cop-Killa immediately, and that is just ONE example. So go name one of your kids propecia, or Daqwaan, and do what you do best.

User Detail :  

Name : Jason31225, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : German /American, Age : 33, City : White Plains, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Rene32492
    Participant
    Who told you that whites think like that? I have many friends of all different races and not one of them have ever said anything like that. I always thought that everyone is just proud of their own inheritage. Nobody wishes they were something else or think that others do. Anyone who thinks that one race wishes to be another race is just ignorant. People need to realize that no race is better than any other. EVERY RACE IS EQUAL.

User Detail :  

Name : Rene32492, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : Sarasota, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Liz
    Participant
    I don't think African-Americans are jealous of the way white people look. I don't think they have an inferiority complex either. As to white people wanting to be like black people, I don't think that's true either. The vast minority of people actually go to tanning salons, and get plastic surgery. You're thinking of movie stars and rich people. The rest of us wouldn't waste the money. And as to 'hip hop,' there are far more black artists in that field. Are you forgetting the other genres? 'Alternative' 'Heavy metal' 'pop'... We're certainly not lacking in people who embrace the pale shade of their skin and thin lips and all of that jazz. Point: I don't think white people are jealous anymore than black people are. I think for the most we're happy with the way we are.

User Detail :  

Name : Liz, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : New Orleans, State : LA Country : United States, 

Pedro
    Participant
    I haven't noticed this to be true. In what ways have you experienced this? Carla's theory runs a little to deep, I think. Most people are bored with their looks and change it--especially women. Hence black women straightening their hair, Asian women adding creases to their eyelids, etc. Really Carla, it seems everyone wants to look Latino! :)

User Detail :  

Name : Pedro, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 33, City : Easton, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommunications, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brett-B19431
    Participant
    So do white people come up to you and say 'I think you have an inferiority complex and want to be beautiful like me!' Because if they don't, I think maybe you DO have an inferiority complex. But if white people are actually provoking you instead of you dreaming up their thoughts, nevermind.

User Detail :  

Name : Brett-B19431, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

sunny
    Participant
    Because most of the blacks that black people deem as attractive are biracial. They usually have light skin, thin lips, narrow noses, and straighter hair than the average African American. For example, Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, and Shemarr Moore; these are blacks that are deemed most attractive in the black community but are (or look) biracial and have less pronounced African features. Also, hair straightening and dyes, rhinoplasties, color contacts, and bleach creams are used by many African Americans. This makes whites think African Americans have inferiority complexes and are jealous of their looks.

User Detail :  

Name : sunny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Fresno, State : CA Country : United States, 

Natalie
    Participant
    My jaw just dropped. Listen, I am a human female that happens to have thin lips, a flat bottom and very fair skin. I do not try to change that-it is MY natural beauty. Does it mean that I am intimidated by Black people? No. I means that I am quite content with how I look. I am beautiful. So are you. With the idea of 'beauty' changing so rapidly, who has the time to keep up? Remember, no so long ago, it was thin lips and a stick (Twiggy) figure that was 'all the rage'.

User Detail :  

Name : Natalie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Deist, Age : 32, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Joe
    Participant
    It's interesting that you point out all the things that white people want that black people have. For the record, wheel rims, dvd players, baseball hats, baggy pants, t-shirts, gold teeth, muscle cars, stereo systems and the NBA are by and large white inventions and it seems to me that a lot of black people value these things. I think you'll also find that there is a lot of skin lightening and hair straightening going on in the black community. BTW what 'language' are white people imitating? Swahili? Hausa? I was unaware that ebonics was an officially recognized language. I thought it was just a dialect for uneducated urban people -- black, white or otherwise. And for the record, most white people think Eminem is a joke. Now the Beastie Boys on the other hand.... ;)

User Detail :  

Name : Joe, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 36, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.