Going bald before I’m 20, do girls care?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Ian-C
    Participant
    I'm 19 and went to a dermatologist recently. He said that if I don't use Rogaine I will be obviously bald, at first glance, in 3 to 5 years (I'm balding in the front, not 'crown balding'). That stuff is a big hassle and a pain in the butt to use, but I can put up with it if I have to. But do girls (specifically those 17-25) really care about baldness at my age? Can I let myself go bald?

User Detail :  

Name : Ian-C, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Broken Arrow, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

C.S.
    Participant
    When I see a man who has lost most of his hair, I immediately assume he's about 45 or 50. I have a friend who had lost 90 percent of his hair by the time he was 21. He's 28 now, and if you look at his face alone, he has no wrinkles and could pass for a 17-year-old. But without hair, he looks at least 40, so most women under 40 don't approach him because they don't like the idea of dating 'an older man.' If you had lost all your hair by now, I wouldn't advise you to get a toupee. That's extreme. But while you still have the opportunity to keep what you have, I say the pain in the butt that Rogaine will be is definitely worth it if you can delay your hair loss.

User Detail :  

Name : C.S., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

E.K.G.
    Participant
    I do not care so much about hair. I've dated a guy who was for all intents and purposes bald (he'd shaved his head since sixth grade) and it never bothered me. You just have to find the women who look at you and not your hair

User Detail :  

Name : E.K.G., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Southern Baptist, Age : 18, City : Columbia, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Anna
    Participant
    I often find myself attracted to blokes with receding hairlines. It can look sexy, but only with very short hair. I find long hair on the rest of a balding head a turn-off. However, I have always cared more about nice eyes or a sexy smile (not to mention a good personality) than the number of hair follicles on someone's head.

User Detail :  

Name : Anna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Janel
    Participant
    I know that men are very self conscience about going bald. Honestly, it may have an effect on how women perceive you at first glance. I know that I have met several men who are in the same predicament as you and once I get to know them, it doesn't bother me at all. I can find myself still being attracted to men with receeding hairlines so don't worry yourself too much!

User Detail :  

Name : Janel, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Columbia, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Social class : Middle class, 

Denise25831
    Participant
    I'm in a long-term relationship and my fiance is bald by choice. He actually had a car accident 7 years ago and cut his head pretty bad by going through a windshield. He still has some scars, but I prefer him to be bald because the hair is balding on top and longer on the sides. So, if you can find a women to aceppt you for you, shave it!!

User Detail :  

Name : Denise25831, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, 

Evil
    Participant
    I think you should shave what's left and go for the bald look. There are many very sexy men who have no hair; that look is hip. Spending tons of money on rogaine is a waste because it gives false hope and delays the inevitable . Any woman who judges you on hair or the lack of is a waste of time and space.

User Detail :  

Name : Evil, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Andrea31626
    Participant
    Shave your head! I am a 25-year-old woman and think a mature man with a shaved head can be very sexy. A man who is witty and smart will always turn my head. So shave yours, and don't worry about it. That is much better looking than balding. Rogaine is kind of a turn-off to me. I've heard that Rogaine doesn't work for receding hairline, anyway, so shave it baby!

User Detail :  

Name : Andrea31626, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 25, City : Santa Cruz, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Look at Sean Connery. He's ancient, bald, and girls my age still get hot about him. You have nothing to worry about.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Stacey
    Participant
    I'm out of your requested age range, but before I was 25 I dated a few men who were balding. I think it can be quite distinguished looking. Whatever you do, don't try to disguise it with funny hair styles. I had a male friend who was balding by age 17, and instead of working with it, he would spike his hair like mad to make it look more plentiful. Ended up looking more obvious. Like the other responder, I think shaving your head is a good idea. That can be very sexy.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 28, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kate26826
    Participant
    If you went bald, most girls, including me, would not care. Sometimes men look sexier with less hair. Most men go bald, and that is a process of nature. If you feel you are too young, go ahead and use Rogaine, but don't worry whether girls will not find you attractive, because there are plenty of us who don't think it matters.

User Detail :  

Name : Kate26826, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Jenks, State : OK Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ane
    Participant
    Premature gray I can deal with, but balding? No. I agree that if you don't want to use Rogaine, you need to keep it extremely short. If your head isn't a funny shape, I would recommend shaving it bald. Now that's sexy! Whatever you do, in no way should you ever do that combover thing (it is never attractive). And toupees are a bad idea. Just let nature take its course and make sure that the rest of you is in great shape. Take the money you will save on hair products and invest it on your wardrobe. A bald head is made even sexier by a great body and a magnificient wardrobe. I think you can pull it off. At least you're not a prematurely balding female - now that's a problem.

User Detail :  

Name : ane, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 23, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Fernanda
    Participant
    If you get a very short haircut, it will look much better than trying to keep the remaining hair long. Under no circumstances do the toupee or combover thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Fernanda, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Exeter, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Grad student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

C.
    Participant
    I'm outside the requested age group, but willing to weigh in. A few names to consider: Michael Jordan. Ving Rhames. Sean Connery. Andre Agassi. Confidence is hotter than the best head of hair. I would tell any man I was interested in not to go the Rogaine route on my account. Spend the money on clothes instead.

User Detail :  

Name : C., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 40ish, City : Galveston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : attorney, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Heather
    Some guys look OK going bald, and others I think should just shave their entire head. A lot of women think shaved bald heads are sexy, and most I know can't resist touching them. (They just want to feel what it's like... and it's good luck) Think of the actor 'Vin Deisel' (not sure if I spelled his name correctly.) Please don't ever get a toupee. That just cries 'I'm old' and nobody really likes the 'comb over' look.

User Detail :  

Name : Heather, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : believe in a few different things, Age : 26, City : Turner, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.