Gender changes and the opposite sex

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Jack
    I used to be a female and am now male. Gender does not dictate who you are attracted to. If that were the case, every guy would be attracted to girls and vice versa. So we transsexuals are attracted to whoever we were attracted to before the sex change. If she was a gay man, she is now a straight woman. If she was a straight man, she is now a lesbian. Some people have claimed to me that hormones 'turned them gay' - that is, they were attracted to one sex and after their sex change they 'mysteriously' changed sexuality. But usually this means they were sexually confused to begin with.

User Detail :  

Name : Jack, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Oshkosh, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

K26969
    Participant
    When you say 'men who've had a gender change,' do you mean people who transitioned from male to female or female to male?

User Detail :  

Name : K26969, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 22, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Kade-S26972
    Participant
    A transsexual woman (a woman who was born with a male body) can have any sexual orientation that any other woman can have. This includes being a lesbian, straight, or bisexual. The same goes for transsexual men (men born with female bodies). They can have any sexual orientation that any other man can have, including being gay, straight, or bi.

User Detail :  

Name : Kade-S26972, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 18, City : Jersy City, State : NJ Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lisa
    Sexual identity and sexual orientation are totally unrelated. A man or woman who has a sex change can be attracted to either the same or different sex, or both. Sex changes have nothing to do with sexual orientation - you are either bi, straight or gay before the operation, and after the operation, you are either bi, gay or straight.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Still searching, Age : 24, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Unemployed for now, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Janie
    As with biological women, gender-changed women could be either lesbian or straight. But as with everything, I don't think you can come up with one rule that generalizes for everyone.

User Detail :  

Name : Janie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Patrick Kellogg
    Participant
    There are male-to-female (MTF) 'lesbians'. There's sexual attraction (a man wants to have sex with another man). There's sexual *identity* (a lesbian proudly proclaims herself as 'out'). There is gender and gender identification. Vive humanity!

User Detail :  

Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lauren
    It depends on the person. Gender identity is about who a person feels the or she is, not about who he or she is sexually attracted to. Someone whose body appears male, but who feels that she is really a woman, may have sexual reassignment surgery, so that her body's appearance more closely matches her self-image. Now, as a woman, she may be straight (i.e., attracted to men), lesbian (attracted to women), or bi (attracted to people of either gender). Same for someone who is born with an apparently female body, but who feels that he is truly a man - he may have all the surgeries and other treatments so that his body now matches his inner identity, and then, as a man, he may be straight (attracted to women), gay (attracted to men), or bi (attracted to both).

User Detail :  

Name : Lauren, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 50, City : Little Rock, State : AR Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

joe
    Participant
    That is like asking, 'Are men attracted to men or women?" It varies.

User Detail :  

Name : joe, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : Ann Arbor, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mandy O.
    Participant
    Transgendered people are attracted to the same gender they were attracted to before the surgery. Not all transgendered people are gay or lesbian. In fact, the majority of men transgendered female are heterosexual.

User Detail :  

Name : Mandy O., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 20, City : Newton, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Political Science Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dave M.
    Participant
    For a long time the medical community thought of transgendered people as being some sort of 'super gay' kind of person. Not so! Some men become women and still want men, some want women, some want either, and finally some want neither (celibate).

User Detail :  

Name : Dave M., Sexual Orientation : tg lesbian, Race : mixture, Religion : Pagan, Age : 49, City : mc cleary, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : philosopher, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 

Rebecca B.
    I have met some transgendered people who were in love with people of the same sex they changed to, so I think it is really an individual preference.

User Detail :  

Name : Rebecca B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unity School of Christianity, Age : 43, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Anita
    Participant
    It is generally acceptedin the scientific community that gender identity and sexual orientation are two separate things. Men who have had the 'gender change' are usually transsexuals, having an internal gender identity different from their anatomical sex; that is, they see themselves as women despite having a male body. Their sexual orientation is not affected by the sex change or their gender identity, and is diverse. Just like other women, transsexual women can be straight, homosexual, bisexual or asexual.

User Detail :  

Name : Anita, City : Vancouver, B.C., State : NA Country : Canada, 

Melinda27926
    Participant
    As a transexual, I am attracted to women because I relate to and want to be accepted by other women as a woman. I am flattered by men who flirt, admire and expressed interest in me but most can not deal with knowing I used to have 'something' in common with men. Most men can not deal with the feeling of seeing and being attracted to a women that was not born as a woman. The few men that do show interest, Im only a temporary 'trophy' until he finds a genetic born woman.

User Detail :  

Name : Melinda27926, Gender : F, Race : Asian, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : fashion designer, 
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.