Drunk white guys hitting on me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

B-Brown
    Participant
    I am African American and have noticed that white men only hit on me when they are drunk. Do white men think African-American women will not date them ordinarily?

User Detail :  

Name : B-Brown, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, 

Paul-S
    Participant
    I think they want you to play the part of Halle Berry in Monsters Ball, or something similarly demeaning.

User Detail :  

Name : Paul-S, Gender : M, City : Southfield, State : MI Country : United States, 

Richard
    I think that you are way off base. I am a white male who prefers black women. Black women in today's society are asserting themselves, both mentally and socioeconomically. To alot of men espically white men this can be intimidating. Also, there are some cultural differences that must be understood. I think it is just a matter of guys asking you out after they get a little bit of 'Liquid Courage'

User Detail :  

Name : Richard, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Candy
    Participant
    Im african american female too and white men hit on me all the time whether they are drunk or sober. I think some white men will hit on the type of black female he thinks would be more receptive to him such as an attractive educated and sophisticated black women rather than an uneducated, loud, black women from the ghetto.

User Detail :  

Name : Candy, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 18, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 
    Speaking of Monsters Ball, I've noticed that White men, drunk or sober, have become alot more aggressive as respects approaching Black women. I find it offensive. I also found that scene between Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thorton equally offensive. So to White men...all Black women are not whores, and we are not here as your 'sexual experiments'. And I won't speak for other Black women but for myself I say, back off...I am off limits to you. Don't even think about approaching me, because I'll cut you to shreds...verbally, that is.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JerryS
    Participant
    Without meaning to imply anything about your desirability, I feel obliged to point out that a drunken guy of any color will hit on anything with a pulse. That's why they have expressions like 'two-o'clock woman.' Your best bet is to look for sober ones who are looking for more than something to lean against while they puke.

User Detail :  

Name : JerryS, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : New Britain, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

L-Bryant
    Participant
    Generally speaking, I think people who act out when they are drunk are doing the things they wish they could do in a conscious state.

User Detail :  

Name : L-Bryant, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sam28553
    Participant
    I think it's probably a confidence thing. A lot of them probably DO think there's a possibility you wouldn't date them, so it takes a little liquid courage to risk the rejection.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam28553, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : IT, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Seamus28264
    Participant
    I don't think most young white men are interested in dating black women, whether because they aren't attracted to them, social pressures, or other reasons. However, when inebriated, we do tend to become more flirty and sexualized. Our standards usually change in an effort to get laid. I'm sure you've heard stories about men waking up with women they normally wouldn't have given a second look after a particularly wet bender. I'm sure during their buzz, they are worried less about what their friends might think than at other times, and they let their male instincts take over.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus28264, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : Charlestown, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Construction, Social class : Lower class, 

J-Fleming21268
    Participant
    I don't think so. Relationships between black women and white men have never quite been aestheticized or precedented. You can project all kinds of insanity on uncharted territory. The main anxiety is that we think that if we love a black girl, we'll end up sooner or later answering to a black man who'll accuse us of trying to get some 'slave sex,' like the other respondent sort of did. I think black women should make the first move if they're interested. I know that doesn't sound at all fair, but I guess it all depends on whether you're wanting to hook up or just want to know why white men don't approach you before they've got a dose of liquid courage in them.

User Detail :  

Name : J-Fleming21268, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    To approach ANY woman drunk, is an insult. No woman with any self esteem whatsoever, would even give a man like that the time of day. The very fact that some White Men feel it's okay to approach us drunk, says alot about how they feel about Black women. Which is why I heed my mama's advice, to this day...stay away from White men, because they do not have good intentions towards Black women. And Mama was absolutely right.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Seamus is right on point. Most White men, young or old, are not interested in dating Black women, or getting to know us, as women. Their primary interest is sexual. So, to all Black women who might be 'flattered' from the attention a White man might pay you, take heed: he only wants what is between your legs. But then, what else would expect from a group of men who feel they're 'superior', anyway? And keep this in mind...one human being cannot truly love another human being, when he feels superior over another. So watch out, my sistas!

User Detail :  

Jamie
    I have noticed that a lot of men don't have much confidence about hitting on women normally, and need to get drunk in order to do it. I don't think the race of the woman makes any difference though. I treat black women exactly the same as I treat white women and would expect them to treat me the same as they treat black men. I live in the UK though, so perhaps things are different here.

User Detail :  

Name : Jamie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Torbay, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : designer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

D-Poet31807
    Participant
    There are many factors that could alter your question. Instead of looking at race, lets look at it as men and a woman, you. What if you arrived after these men had already been drinking? What if you had shown up before they began drinking? maybe they would have still tried to talk to you anyways. Next, think of other men that might have tried to talk to you while sober. we know drinking takes away inhibitions, so maybe the men that were sober trying to talk to weren't as aggressive and you could've labeled that as being friendly conversation. Also, think of all the men that have tried to talk to you drunk, i gurantee that they will be of all races, sizes, and even intelligence. You might be looking at only the White men as talking to you and not considering other races also. Maybe the other people that talked you that were other races could control their liquor and you didnt know they were drunk. We all have to get away from the race issue because there is only one true race. Human. And I Love My Race To Death. Thank You for taking the time to read this question and please consider these scenarios the next time you go out. Peace In Your Life. D. Poet

User Detail :  

Name : D-Poet31807, Age : 16, City : Anywhere, State : NA Country : Everywhere, 

Word
    Participant
    There definitely is a perception that a black woman will not date a white man. Obviously this has historical and cultural reasons in the US, and is far more common in other regions. There is definitely some consideration to the whole 'slave sex' jibe, and other third-party racist behavior that all interracial couples must deal with. Overall though, the bottom line is that white men do not feel that a black woman would date them, and right or wrong that they would have to conform to her taste in style, music.. etc. ..And then there's the underlying subject of, quite frankly, dick size... white men are afraid that they're not going to be big enough for a black woman who has dated stereotypically larger black men.

User Detail :  

Name : Word, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Tech, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.