Blacks’ outrage at being “bumped”

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

AmyM
    Participant
    I think the issues of age and class are very important here as well. I find that African-Americans who are young and/or poor are likely to cop an attitude. Kim H. mentions personal space. I find this ironic because in my experience black people (of a certain class) do not seem to acknowledge personal space at all: walking directly in front of me, disregarding the convention of walking on the right, spreading out across a sidewalk or aisle with no regard for others who may be in a hurry, and generally being loud. In addition, I've noticed that often (usually on the bus) black people tend to say "excuse me" *while* pushing their way through rather than saying "excuse me" and waiting for me to move. At times I have had health problems and couldn't move very well and was very painfully pu

User Detail :  

Name : AmyM, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.