Blacks being loud

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant
    I work in a Detroit mall that has a mix of several races. Dearborn has the highest concentration of arabic people outside the middle east and they can seem to be tame and quiet in public. The white people are always polite. The black people are normally loud, sometimes outragious, homophobic, and bad walkers.

User Detail :  

Name : Christopher, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Visual Merchandiser, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Crystal
    Participant
    WHy black people are loud in public. I Think its because its a CRY FOR ATTETION!

User Detail :  

Name : Crystal, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 17, City : Middletown, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : School, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Lauren19621
    Participant
    I've also noticed how blacks are loud in public, especially in movies. I think that blacks are just naturally more outgoing than whites. They usually have this care free attitude. Eventhough this might get on some people's nerves, this is a good trait to have.

User Detail :  

Name : Lauren19621, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Vinton, State : VA Country : United States, 

Amy
    Participant
    I think it's a cultural thing. My mom's side of the family is Italian, and we are louder than hell when we're together. My paternal grandfather was also Italian, and most of my memories of him involve him speaking VERY loudly. Both Italian and African-American cultures tend to be passionate, and I think that passion carries over into communication styles as well.

User Detail :  

Name : Amy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 24, City : New Britain, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AmyM
    Participant
    It's funny, because I've been annoyed by this, but I've increasingly noticed among Chinese people as well. Regarding making it racial when it's not: where I live it *is* black people more than white people- however it is generally working-class African-Americans: not professional African-Americans, not Africans. I see many black people every day and it breaks down clearly this way by class and ethnicity. Black people as a whole seem to take the hit for the behavior of the socioeconomically challenged. As someone else pointed out, teenagers of all backgrounds are loud; I have to admit I was like that for a few years when I was trying to show that I didn't care what anyone thought. Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle." -Plato

User Detail :  

Name : AmyM, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.