Black people’s hair

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

g
    Young person, it saddens me that your eyes are so closed. The texture of a Black person's hair varies just as the color of our skin varies. Please pick up some history books and read about the history of our country......and open your eyes. There are Black people that look as White as you, and because your eyes are closed you can't recognize.

User Detail :  

Name : g, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 43, City : p, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Educator, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lindsey
    Well it depends on what you consider 'black.' I know a lot of mixed people (black/white) have many natural different colours of hair, such as, black, red, various colours of brown and even blonde. I have naturally thin curly not nappy hair, it's brown and I have red and blonde natural highlights. My sister on the other hand has thick straight, light brown hair, with natural blonde highlights.

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsey, Gender : F, Race : Bi-racial (white/black), Age : 15, City : Hamilton, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Michelle20572
    Participant
    Black people do not have only black coarse hair. Our hair and skin color runs the range from kinky and black to straight and whatever color. True, many blacks are not naturally blond and blue eyed, but every ehtnic groups has traits that are predominant to that group. It is easy to not notice the differences when you are not a member of that ethnic group. Also one thing that many people seem to forget is that Africa is a country populated by a wide range of people from a vast number of tribes that all have different appearances. Since we are of African descent and mixed with many other ethnic groups, we have as many skin tones, hair textures and shapes and sizes as there are colors in the rainbow.

User Detail :  

Name : Michelle20572, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Bedford, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Trina24897
    Participant
    Not all black people's hair are the same color, textures, etc. Some orginally born with blond (most albino black people were born with black hair), or brown, black, and so on. I had seen some black people with natural curly hais, straight hairs, etc. We're all just different. There are reasons for everyone to be different. Why do most hispanic, and other religion have same color hair? I never seen different hair color or anything. I do see alot people who dyed their hair color. I know I have dark brown hair. When I gets my hair perms (black people perms which straighten hairs etc) its turns red, ligh brown, and can see alittle blond. Its always become that color if I wash my hair and dry it hen straighten it with a hot comb or perm (not the curly hair type of per). My baby brother who is now 9months has blond hair and few brown hair. There are black people with thick,thin, or in-between hairs. I had seen many different things in most people around here. I'm just saying what I believed and know.

User Detail :  

Name : Trina24897, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Monroe, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : sale assicates, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Erin
    Participant
    I think it evens out. Black people have, who knows how many, different skin tones. So white people have different hair color. Its just another difference that we have. So what?

User Detail :  

Name : Erin, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 20, City : Fort Lauderdale, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Middle class, 

Mark22112
    Participant
    Actually, Blacks have different kinds of hair. The colors can be from black to dark blond (I have yet to see a black person with naturally blond hair). And their hair are really not that coarse at all. It only looks so because most of Blacks have kinky hair, but it's actually quite soft. There are as well Blacks with straight or wavy hair with coarse texture.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark22112, Religion : Christian, City : Tangerang, State : NA Country : Indonesia, Occupation : student, 

Ptah30307
    Participant
    First off, White skin, scientifically is a recessive gene. Blue eyes is also a recessive gene. Brown skin and brown eyes are Dominant genes. Being blue, green or gray eyed is actually the absence of melanin in the eye pigments, almost as in albinism. So to summarize it,White people, as well as every other race, are the recessive offspring of darker people. Also darker people are more in tuned with the earth,in general. That is why we put 'soul' into everything we do. It has something to do wiith over genetic makeup.

User Detail :  

Name : Ptah30307, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

lina
    Participant
    Unfortunately that was not the question. When you say most of us have some white blood, what are you trying to prove? You being an educated man should know that are skin tones vary so much due to the amount of melanin we have,at times it may have something to do with us being of various ethnicities.

User Detail :  

Name : lina, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 14, City : new york, State : NY Country : United States, 

JJ30538
    Participant
    I am black and i have long straight black hair while my little sister has brown (almost blonde) hair. Some people i know have nappy hair, some wavy, and some straight. You must not have seen many black people because that question is ridiculous.

User Detail :  

Name : JJ30538, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 

Mia20628
    Participant
    I am a light-skinned, African American female with freckles and fine/straight naturally red hair, so maybe you just have not been exposed to a lot of different places.

User Detail :  

Name : Mia20628, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

J21094
    Participant
    The hair strands on our hair are falat llike ribbons while others of other races range from round to elliptical. Also it has been scientifically proven that the darker gene pool has the widest variety of genes. Not that we are evloved and all we are just varied.

User Detail :  

Name : J21094, City : L>A, State : CA Country : United States, 

Naj
    Participant
    African Americans come in every color or shade you can think of, that's why I prefer 'colored' over black. My dad is rather dark and has the typical coarse black hair. My mom is an octoroon, having only one grandparent that is 100% black. She has naturally straight red to brown hair. So I came out with reddish brown skin and wavy dark brown hair. Black people come in every color from black to white have every texture of hair from nappy to bone-straight and every color from blue-black to blonde, (yes blonde but not bleach, more like ash blonde).

User Detail :  

Name : Naj, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/Italian/Native American (Ima Sambo), Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 16, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Isaac
    I'm very fair-skinned with blue eyes, red kinky hair and freckles. reasons for people looking the way they do racially never describe the way i look, so i think a lot of that 'evolution' stuff is pretty bogus. not that i don't believe in evolution, because i do, it's just that i think races varied because people move around, not because some people are more naturally made for one continent or another.

User Detail :  

Name : Isaac, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 22, City : Flagstaff, State : AR Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Susie
    Participant
    why do Hawiians have black hair? They live were it is hot and black absorbs heat.Hawiian people need to keep cool.so if they have black hair they would be really hot

User Detail :  

Name : Susie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 13, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Sterling-Ash
    Participant
    It's the way our hairs were formed while our bodies were trying to adapt to the the extreme heat. If our hair were smooth, our hairs would have been seriously damaged by the intense heat from the sun's light. That's why our hairs are tightly curled in, so that wouldn't happen. The coarse texture in our hair does not have the genetics needed for our hair to be different colors. I hope this has answered your question

User Detail :  

Name : Sterling-Ash, City : San Frnacisco, State : CA Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.