Black people at the movies

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Richard
    I think that blacks respond to movies in the same way that is common in many churches where direct participation and response is quite common. However I would trade Hispanics in a theater for any other ethnic or racial group every time. My experience has been that Hispanics are more obnoxious and rude than any other identifiable ethnic group. This appears to me to be lack of social skills. In any case it is distracting and irritating to pay the price of going to the movie and have inconsiderate people degrade your enjoyment of the film. I was at a revival theater a few years ago watching The Grapes of Wrath (1940) and several pagers and alarm watches were heard. I thought that at least audiences in 1940 did not have to put up with those distractions.

User Detail :  

Name : Richard, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 57, City : Long Beach, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Retired, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jenn
    Participant
    I actually find that white people talk more in theaters than anyone else. They make terrible noises and then when someone else starts talking they always run and tell not realizing that most of the time after the show the person is going to confront them about snitching.

User Detail :  

Name : Jenn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 21, City : Berkeley, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Property Management, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.