Black kids calling names

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

s
    I am a student in a 'culturally diverse' middle school.There are kids from all over the world and social classes.In being in this school for 4 years I have noticed a double standard.A LOT of the black and spanish (girls in particular) always call white girls names using the word white ,example: 'white b****' .I don't undersatnd this phenomena ,do u know how many times i have been reffered to as a white this or white that? If i ever DARED to say to a black girl 'black b****' i would be suspended because i would be 'racist'. Aren't the girls caling me white b**** also racist? Also I don't understand why black and spanish people have to have magazines,tv channels ,even make-up products just for them and then call it 'black beauty' or something.If i started my own make-up line called 'white beauty' it would be protested before it hit the stores. Why can they have special privaleges because they're black,spanish,etc. You don't see any other ethnic/racial group getting special privelages.

User Detail :  

Name : s, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Muslim, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Carmela
    Participant
    I think all kids may call names regardless of race, and they should not. But that doesn't mean they have not been instructed not to do that. Would you make such a sweeping generalization if a white child had said the same thing to another white child? My son has called people names and I have corrected him for it. I think, a parent's job is to instruct their children. A child calling names on one occassion does not mean he has bad parents, no matter what color they may be. And that was not exactly a name, it was more a use of adjective to describe the color of his body part. I am black and I don't mind people describing my color. But the word a** should not be used by children or most adults.

User Detail :  

Name : Carmela, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 34, City : College Park, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : College Administration, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Azie
    Participant
    Hello get a clue lady. I am not full black but my dad is and he has deffinatley laid down the rules of name calling. If you say that all black people don't teach their kids about this than i can say that all white girls are lesbians because they are always dancing on each other. Is that true? No it's not. So then how does that make you feel. It makes you feel mad because somebody has just put a sterotype on white girls.(which by the way is not how i feel). So next time you should think about what you say.

User Detail :  

Name : Azie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mixed, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 17, City : Fontana, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Mel W.
    Participant
    So you heard one black student use a racist comment against a white student and now you want to know why all black parents don't teach their kids not to name call? Perhaps someone should teach you not to make sweeping generalizations like that. One person is not really representative of what a whole culture does. You probably just ran across a particularly rude and disrespectful kid, and as we all know, those exist in all cultures. FYI, I am black and my parents did teach me and all four of my siblings not to name call.

User Detail :  

Name : Mel W., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Gunnison, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

mimi20467
    Participant
    Just because you heard one black child making a racist comment does not mean that all the black kids in the world don't have home training. That doesn't make any sense. How do you kow the white kid was completely innocent anyway? He could have made a racist comment and you just didn't hear. I know that my mother always taught me right from wrong and how to treat other people. So I would appreciate it if you would stop making yourself look bad by asking a stupid question like that.

User Detail :  

Name : mimi20467, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mimi20465
    Participant
    Just because you heard one black child making a racist comment does not mean all black kids don't have home training. That doesn't make sense. How do you kow the white kid was completely innocent, anyway? He could have made a racist comment and you just didn't hear. My mother always taught me right from wrong and how to treat other people.

User Detail :  

Name : Mimi20465, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    Im a 18 year old female mixed with both black and white(but i look hispanic) i have grown up around all sorts of ethnic groups and i have witnessed that there are alot of judgemental people in this world of all enthic backgrounds, i just dont think its right for someone to be judgemental towards a certain ethnic group because they have witnessed or maybe just heard of an act or a way another may perform. we have alot of simularities and alot of differences (and when i say 'we' i am referring to people in general not blacks, not whites, not hispanics, but people

User Detail :  

Name : Britany Scott, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Grand Rapids, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Deedee25803
    Participant
    I don't understand how whites on this board are professing to know the inner-workings of the minds of blacks? Same for many of the blacks. No one here can speak for all black people!

User Detail :  

Name : Deedee25803, Race : Black/African American, Age : 17, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, 

dan31684
    Participant
    sounds like it is a black thing with you,you can just tell by your comments you seem to be ultra sensitive about your color,about being black that is

User Detail :  

Name : dan31684, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, City : cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Xantara
    Whether it's a black kid telling a white kid to sit their 'white ass down' or a white kid doing the opposite, it is racist. Any prejudice made because of one's skin color or ethnicity is racist, that is the definition. It's not 'being ghetto' that's just an excuse.

User Detail :  

Name : Xantara, Gender : F, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, 

RONNIE28781
    Participant
    RACE IS AND I THINK, ALWAYS WILL BE AN ISSUE IN AMERICA. IT'S WRONG FOR SOMEONE OF ANY RACE TO CALL ANOTHER SOMETHING OUT OF CHARACTER SO I DON'T FEEL THAT YOUR POSTING SHOULD BE SPECIFICALLY TOWARDS BLACKS SINCE WE BOTH AGREE THAT NAME CALLING ON ANY LEVEL IS WRONG! BLACKS HAVE BEEN WRONGED IN AMERICA SINCE WE WERE BROUGHT HERE AND CONTINUE TO BE WRONGED! WE AS BLACKS NEED TO LOVE OURSELVES AND COME TOGETHER SO THAT WE CAN RISE OVER THE MENTAL SLAVERY THAT EXISTS IN MODERN DAY 'UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!'

User Detail :  

Name : RONNIE28781, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.