Stacey

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The smell of black people #19959

    Stacey
    Member

    I don’t think we have a certain ‘smell,’ as you say, when we come outside. It may be the people who you were around didn’t wear deodorant to keep them fresh the whole day.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 27, City : Birmingham, State : AL, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Foods and stereotyping #23767

    Stacey
    Member

    I can understand why you were upset. I remember when Tiger Woods won the Masters in ’97 and another golfer said he hoped Tiger wouldn’t have them serve fried chicken and greens at the honors dinner. A lot of people didn’t understand why that was offensive. It was offensive because it stereotyped black people. It sounds to me they’ve done the same to you.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 27, City : Birmingham, State : AL, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Real women vs. models #36247

    Stacey
    Member

    I agree especially among young white females. But studies have shown that weight is less of a problem among African-American teenagers, and I think it’s because, to me, black magazines project more positive and realistic images of the black female.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 27, City : Birmingham, State : AL, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Biracial dating #33658

    Stacey
    Member

    I’ve dated outside my race several times. Most black women have a problem with interracial dating between white women and black men because they feel as if white women are “stealing our men” and that they are taking the good black men away since there are so few available out there (according to some). I for one think you should date whomever you want to date if that’s your preference.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 27, City : Birmingham, State : AL, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Physical attraction: Double standards? #28667

    Stacey
    Member

    I’m full-figured and kind of feel that way myself. I’m usually not attracted to overweight men, but I think the difference between men and women is that women are not going to be with a man because he’s good-looking; he also has to have a brain, be nice to her and work. On the other hand, I’ve noticed men date attractive women – no matter how smart she is or even if she’s nice. As long as she looks goo, that’s all that matters to some men. That’s what bothers me as we as a people (myself included) don’t see beyond a person’s looks when it comes to to seeking a mate.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 27, City : Birmingham, State : AL, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)