Reply To: Southern women

Cheryl S.
You are correct in your assumptions that Southern women tend to be more "male centered" than the rest of the country. I think this is a throw-back to the days of the steel magnolias. The women appear so helpless and in need of a man to take care of them, when in fact, they usually end up running the man and the marriage. In fact, many of them begin to call themselves by their husband's name. For example: Mrs. John Doe, as opposed to Mrs. Jane Doe. That surprised me more than anything when I first came to the South. Perfect hair, perfect makeup, perfect husband, perfect children, perfect house ... the only thing is, it's really stressful being this perfect, and it really wears on them. Most of the older ones are tired and grumpy and very unforgiving of anyone not as perfect as they feel they are.

User Detail :  

Name : Cheryl S., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 51, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Technical, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,