Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
S.M.MemberI’m an East Indian guy who has lived in Canada, England and India, and find 2 distinctive features in the way Indian men (I can only speak for this group of Asians) perceive American women when they come to the America, and to the West in general. In India, the only exposure that men have to Western women is through the media. And, unfortunately, that means being fed on the stereotype of the the sexy, slutty little blonde bimbette or the flaming, redhead enchantress. In short, American women are seen to represent easy-going, casual sexuality. However, when they come to America, they are confronted with the conservative side of American women – often through unfortunate racism. But they are also exposed to women being independent in a sort of male-denying way. What I mean is that, in India, many upper middle class women are quite independent but still seek men for support and (familial) stability. But in the States, women are seen as individuals who don’t need men! So, in my experience, Indian men see American women as two things; sexy but often unattainable, and independent (and thus also unattainable!).
User Detail :
Name : S.M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : East Indian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Cambridge, State : MA, Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Musician, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
S.M.MemberInteresting question. I’m from India, but have many beliefs, habits etc. that would make people easily mistake me for a White guy. I listen to heavy metal, play guitar, have long hair, go to grad school, am a pacifist (!) etc. I even managed to give a skinhead a piece of my mind in a chatroom once, because he thought I was White and agreed to talk to me! However, on the basis of skin color, I don’t see how I could ever be White in anyone’s eyes. In fact, I’ve humorously thought that from now on I should list my ethnicity as Black/Caucasian. Peace.
User Detail :
Name : S.M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : East Indian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Cambridge, State : MA, Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Musician, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences