Melissa

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Whites and suntans #38309

    Melissa
    Member

    I don’t feel superior to other races. I go to the tanning bed and lie in the sun to get a tan because (like the skinny supermodel issue), people now generally feel that ‘pale, ashy’ skin is unattractive, due to the media. I don’t like the way I look without a tan. I look pale and sick. My racial background is German, Irish and American Indian, so I have almost black eyes and naturally dark brown hair, with a red tint when the sun hits it. So when I’m pale I look like I’ve got the flu. Also, tanning is like smoking: you know it’s dangerous, but the reality of the danger doesn’t faze most people because you can’t see the damage until it’s too late.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Melissa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Human, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Lexington, State : KY, Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Why don’t white people like greens? #35778

    Melissa
    Member

    I am a 22 yr. old ‘white’ female. I don’t think liking or dis-liking certain foods has anything to do with the color of our skin or ethnicity. I think it has a lot to do with how you were raised and what your parents made you eat or try. I grew up lower class (but AM NOT white trash) and I love what I call Southern food. Ex: brown beans, fried potatoes, greens, cornbread, biscuits, fried bologna, etc. A lot of people call this ‘soul food’. I guess it is soul food also, cause it’s great for the soul- whether you’re white, black, green, or purple. 🙂 I think you’re friend is just afraid to try new things. You should invite her and her husband over and have dinner together. Ask her to try your favorite foods. It could start a great friendship.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Melissa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Human, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Lexington, State : KY, Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)