Mary

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Racist Southern people #34771

    Mary
    Member

    I think it is an assumption that the South is racist. There are many Cubans and Puerto Ricans living in Florida and other Southern coastal areas who have just immigrated here and really cannot speak the language.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Mary, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : Philadelphia, State : PA, Country : United States, Occupation : social worker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: White Pride Day? #14935

    Mary
    Member

    I think it is crazy to say white people have everything at their feet. I, as a white woman, think minorities have everything at THEIR feet. There is affirmative action, which places minorities in positions they may or may not be qualified for. Colleges have to accept a certain number of minorities for their quotas. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a white pride parade. I don’t think that we should have to call it a European Heritage event either. People have Black Pride parades, which encompass African, Jamacian, Hatian Americans and no one questions that.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Mary, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : Philadelphia, State : PA, Country : United States, Occupation : social worker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)