Malores

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hispanics in the South #44932

    Malores
    Member

    I’ve found the same thing all over the US, not just in the South. Americans in general seem to find it impossible to understand that speaking Spanish, or coming from a Spanish-speaking background, in no way influences your skin colour. I’m Spanish (as in ‘from Spain’) and spent all the years I was living in America being told that I ‘couldn’t be’ Spanish because I’m quite obviously white! Apparently, no one has yet pointed out to them that Spain is actually located in Europe. I spend a lot of time trying to explain that Spanish-speakers come in all sorts of colours and from all sorts of cultures.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Malores, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Atheist, Age : 38, City : Cardiff, State : NA, Country : Wales, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)