Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
KieaMemberFirst, whites can start by treating us as if we’re equals. Hear our concerns and see them as more than racial issues. Know that they are human issues. Try and understand that the things we want are the same things you want. Nothing extravagant – just to be treated with respect and dignity.
User Detail :
Name : Kiea, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Montgomery, State : AL, Country : United States, Occupation : secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
KieaMemberFirst of all, Paul, what planet did you just beam down from? What do you mean white women share the same oppressor as you? That’s a laugh. I don’t believe what you’re saying, and I know deep down you don’t believe it. You couldn’t. If you want to date white women, fine, date them, but by all means do not try to feed the rest of us this crap about white women being oppressed.
To Rhonda: I don’t think this behavior should be stamped on all black men, as behavior differs from person to person. I have had my share of poor relationships and other experiences with black men, from my absent father to verbally abusive male counterparts. I admit that the way black men have been treating their female counterparts (black women) pales in comparison to how other ethnic groups treat their women here in the United States; other countries are another issue.
Anyway, I feel your frustration. When my husband and I first hooked up, he tried to tell me that somehow by him being Puerto Rican and my being African American, it made for a better relationship. I was quick to tell him how his statement was in part true but also false. You see, when we enter into relationships with people of other ethnic backgrounds, we tend to treat them differently. We tend to try harder in these relationships. In short, despite my bad experiences with some black men, I don’t blame them all. I think if you open your heart and mind, you will see that what I am saying is true.
User Detail :
Name : Kiea, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Montgomery, State : AL, Country : United States, Occupation : secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences