Ken

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Why are the poor poor and homeless homeless? #26979

    Ken
    Member

    I volunteered at a homeless shelter for several months, and I learned some surprising things about these people. Many of them choose to be homeless because this is a lifestyle which has no responsibilities and unlimited freedom. Another sad, but true fact, especially in my hometown of Washington DC is that many of the homeless are not really veterans, but may masquarade as such to elicit sympathy from passerby. Oh, and Viliam is totally correct, homeless working a busy corner can easily net upwards of $20 an hour, far more than I ever could working a summer job!

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ken, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 20, City : Rochester, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)