John-B29411

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Help for the less-dressed… #38105

    John-B29411
    Member

    There’s an actor’s trick of walking and moving like you own the place that will sometimes cause salesfolk to flock to you even if you’re in your gruds. It works better for men than women and better for whites than non-whites, but I’ve carried the act off both when I had money and when I didn’t, and the person I know who does it best is a black woman. But it requires walking in with an absolute conviction that these people are dying to serve you, and most of us don’t have the energy or confidence to do that every time. I’ve also known people who can go in wearing $700 and somehow come across as homeless; the trick works in reverse, too, unfortunately.

    User Detail :  

    Name : John-B29411, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 42, City : Rural area, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : College professor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)