John

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: No respect for overweight people? #29838

    John
    Member

    I recently lost 20 pounds. I’ll tell you why I generally avoid overweight women as dating partners. It’s not just because I find them less attractive. For me, being overweight was part of a lifestyle. There was a direct link between how I ate and how I felt, and there’s often a viscious cycle between looking bad and low self-esteem as well. As a healthy man, I do not want to be with a woman who isn’t healthy or possibly has a ton of self-esteem issues. It’s crazy that women blame Paris Hilton and men for not accepting them. Go to the doctor, have him do a body fat analysis to see if you fall within normal range (if you’re normal, you shouldn’t worry about Paris, be yourself!) and if you’re too heavy, go to the gym and eat better. Take action for your own life and stop blaming genetics.

    User Detail :  

    Name : John, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Miracles and messages from God #29085

    John
    Member

    I think you need to make a distinction between God ‘speaking to you’ and miracles. Many people feel that God speaks to them, not in a day-to-day, ‘well, God told me it was going to rain today’ way, but in a deeply profound, personal sense. Some people (priests, nuns, missionaries, etc.) say God ‘called’ them to a profession. I don’t think these people are crazy.

    Miracles are another subject, though. As a Protestant Christian, I feel that God finished his miracle-making after the death and resurrection of Christ. Jesus presented us with the way to live our lives, and heaven is now open for us sinners. I tend to be extremely skeptical of supposed miraculous events happening today because often it’s a way for someone to cash in on desperate people’s beliefs.

    User Detail :  

    Name : John, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Childless by choice, so what? #25418

    John
    Member

    Hi Jessica. I’m wondering who these people are, and why you feel pressured. After all, you’re 23 years old! Are you married? I’m 22, and I kinda feel the same pressure, sometimes. My cousin married his highschool sweetheart, and they have a couple of kids. That side of the family is now all about babies. They’re already talking about me settling down and marriage. . . it’s insane. My future is wide open, and I can barely take care of myself, let alone more human beings. Sometimes, when I’m drunk, I begin this huge diatribe about how I don’t understand why anyone would want to have kids; they’re the ultimate expression of vanity and whatnot. The weird thing is that I like kids. Go figure. Maybe you’re feeling this pressure because at this age, when we’re just starting out being truly independant, we start thinking about our futures and for many of us, that includes the possibility of marriage and possibly childrearing.

    User Detail :  

    Name : John, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Lesbian because I won’t put out? #13953

    John
    Member

    Yeah, I’ve never heard of that before. Usually, when a man calls a woman a ‘lesbian’ it’s because she ignores him in the first place. It’s an excuse we sometimes make up to make ourselves feel better after rejection. It’s now so cliche’ of a thing to say to your friends, it’s funny, like it helps cheer you up (but it’s terrible if you say that to her face!). Not that that makes it right. But a guy who calls you a lesbian because you refuse to have sex with him the first night?! That’s pathetic. That’s stupid behavior that won’t help him on the next date. . .

    User Detail :  

    Name : John, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Girls with hairy arms #19290

    John
    Member

    In response to your question, I don’t think it’s a cosmetic industrial conspiracy (after all, razors are cheap), rather, it’s a cultural difference. In the vast majority of cultures from all over the planet, the question of attractiveness in regards to sexual differences is often one of magnification. For example, women in general have smaller feet than men. In China, this became footbinding (I realize that it was also a male dominance thing, but it was of beauty as well. . .one need only examine the history of the Ming to Qing era to see the problem men had accepting non-footbound feet. . .they were considered hideous.) Other examples include the tribespeople in Thailand with neckrings to make their necks appear longer because women also typically have longer, slimmer necks. Victorian era women emphasized the thinness of torso to hips through painful and dangerous corsetts. There are many more examples if you care to study the cultural anthropology. Here in the US, because women are typically less hairy than men, we find hairless women the typical beauty standard–hair on lips, hairy legs, hairy underarms. I have to admit that I’m a part of this preference, and I know it shouldn’t matter if a girl’s got hair on her lip or not but it does.

    User Detail :  

    Name : John, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Why is it so tough to… #28267

    John
    Member

    Sexuality is a complex subject, but I think this question is pretty easy. Either she’s got some emotional/social hang-up, her partner is bad, physical problem, or it could just be a question of mechanics. Woman can be ready to go, just like a man, but in general, it takes a lot of preliminary work to get the motor running to a sufficient degree before the orgasm happens. EVEN THEN regular missionary style sex may not be adequate because of the positioning of the clitoris and the always elusive g-spot. Many women need manual stimulation to have the orgasm in addition to penis to vagina intercourse. I’ve never cared if she has had to do this, I know I would rather have a satisfied partner than be lame in the sack.

    User Detail :  

    Name : John, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)