J.N.

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Scottish/American differences #20291

    J.N.
    Member

    First, avoid getting into discussions about UK politics, football or England in general. In both Inverness and Glasgow, I ran into a few nasty yobs who were spoiling for a bar fight, but once I told them I was from America, they’d relax and buy me beer. For extra-special treatment at very little expense, sew a Canadian flag patch on your backpack and tell folks you’re from Nova Scotia – they’ll welcome you with open arms. In general, though, express an interest in Scotland as a country; talk to locals about the Highlands, the customs, the food. And while Edinburgh is one of the world’s great cities, I can’t recommend the North Coast enough. Spend a few days in Skye or Orkney … it’s a different world up there.

    User Detail :  

    Name : J.N., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Cincinnati, State : OH, Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
    in reply to: Vegetarians and ‘meat’ products #40146

    J.N.
    Member

    Ersatz meat has been around for as long as there have been ethical/religious vegetarians. Tofu, seitan (wheat gluten), tempeh … these were all invented by Buddhist monks hundreds of years ago to replace meat in their diet. As for me, I grew up eating hot dogs, hamburger, chicken, etc.; even though I’ve been a strict vegetarian for eight years, I occasionally crave this sort of food, as it’s what I’m accustomed to. Not to mention that it’s simple to prepare and allows me to make many otherwise-impossible recipes. Having said that, though, I prefer a veggie-and-hummus sandwich any day!

    User Detail :  

    Name : J.N., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Cincinnati, State : OH, Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
    in reply to: Blacks and music and more #46963

    J.N.
    Member

    You’re being reactionary. The original message was referring specifically to white, as in Caucasian, rappers: MC Serch, Eminem, Snow, etc. Yes, of course there’s a difference: they aren’t black people.

    User Detail :  

    Name : J.N., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Cincinnati, State : OH, Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)