Gayle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Platform shoes #34333

    Gayle
    Member

    I wear platform shoes because I am short and I like the extra height they give me. Also, my feet hurt, and platforms are more cushiony to wear. As for fashion, I couldn’t care less. High heels are fashionable, too, but I don’t even own a pair. I wear shoes I find comfortable and that fit my needs.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Gayle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 36, City : Sioux Falls, State : SD, Country : United States, Occupation : Housewife, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Racism via education #32219

    Gayle
    Member

    Racism in the United States may be a result of our history of permitting slavery and of our past treatment of the indigenous peoples. Subjugation of the indigenous peoples and use of slaves promoted an attitude of superiority in the European settlers that has continued into the 20th century. That attitude was naturally reflected in the education system. But I think our schools today are trying very hard to educate people to the evils of racism. For instance, they teach about the terrible Holocaust, Hitler’s and Germany’s attempt to exterminate the Jewish people of Europe.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Gayle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 36, City : Sioux Falls, State : SD, Country : United States, Occupation : Housewife, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)