Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Dan31699MemberI also prefer maps. I feel like I’m wandering aimlessly in the woods without one. When I leave my desert outpost and attempt to negotiate the scrambled matrix of asphalt that is Los Angeles, I’m dead meat without a map. My dad feels the same way, and carries three or four different Thomas Guides in his car at all times. Many times I’ll plan my route with a map. If I have to go to the city on short notice, I’ll either bring a map with me or buy one when I get down there. I can only go by directions if they give me specific street names and addresses. If it’s ‘turn left at the truck depot and then go past the Tommy Burger shack and…’, unless I am already familiar with the area I will most certainly get lost (or have a rather prolonged journey in finding the place).
As for intuition, that only helps when I’m hiking, or if I’ve been in the place before, or I’m close to a place that I’ve been before. But maps are the best. If it weren’t for them I’d probably have ended up sleeping in my car more than a few times.
User Detail :
Name : Dan31699, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Pentecostal Christian, Age : 21, City : Los Angeles area, State : CA, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences