Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
BrettMemberMichelle, Some people display the Confederate flag as a form of showing their racism, but that’s not what the flag is really about, and not why MOST people have them displayed. It’s a symbol of a different type of government. Most people think this country was divided at one time (North and South) because of slavery which is not the case. The North was turning communist (which is supposed to be an enemy of America) so the South didn’t want any part of that. They wanted to seperate and make their own country. This country is still becoming more and more communist and I display the Confederate flag myself because I do not support a lot of what our government does. I am sick of people calling me a racist because I display the Confederate flag. If anybody knows their history, the North had all kinds of plantations with black slaves on them. Abraham Lincoln himself had slaves but nobody talks about that. The South didn’t treat slaves as poorly as people think either. In fact, after the war, only a small percentage of blacks left the South to go to the North. Today’s media just tries to brainwash the public (unfourtunately succeeding) that the South is totally racist, even though it was ABOUT the same on both sides. It’s just a social excuse to win certain people or votes on the side of the North. I am really tired of being discriminated because I display the flag, I am automatically thought of as a racist and I am not. I hope more people read this and get a better perspective.
User Detail :
Name : Brett, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : San Jose, State : CA, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences