Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
BethMemberAs half of an interracial couple, I find that most people get their attitudes about interracial relations from their parents. I’ve been married to a black man for almost 10 years, and I knew when I met him that my parents would have no problems with us dating. My father’s comment was, “As long as he treats you well, I don’t care if he’s white, black, purple or green. But God help him if he doesn’t.” People also wonder how biracial children will be treated. My children are nine and seven and have never had problems. Maybe I’m just lucky so far, but I’ve always taught my kids that everyone is different in some way … either skin color, hair color, height, weight, etc. You’ll find in your life that everyone has a problem with something. The important thing is to know how you feel about racial issues and stay true to those beliefs.
User Detail :
Name : Beth, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 34, City : Jacksonville, State : FL, Country : United States, Occupation : Freelance writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
BethMemberMy friend and I are sitting here reading your response and we have this to say. We don’t care if teachers connect with their students. The kids in schools today are going to be the ones who are your doctors and lawyers when you are old and crusty and you are going to hate when they say ‘How yous doing today. We’s going to do some tests. It’s gravy.’ The level of education in schools today is poor enough without having to worry about whether these students are learning basic grammer or ebonics. When a person opens their mouth and starts to speak, that’s their neighbors’ first opportunity to get an impression of who they are. Ebonics spouting out are only going to put you into a downward spiral.
User Detail :
Name : Beth, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 34, City : Jacksonville, State : FL, Country : United States, Occupation : Freelance writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences