Art Darwin

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ribs and greens on MLK Day? #16626

    Art Darwin
    Member

    Appropos question by Steve G. and Martha, and related replies, I have long wondered what real purpose is served by celebrating [and overdoing]pretensions to accepting stuff clumped under ‘Diversity.’ The rush to create black history and literature courses may furnish comfort food to a few, but I’m not sure. There still seems to be much segregation on campuses. The ideal would be that HISTORY studies would not require artificial divisions into narrow fields. I would be good to hear from a black student who has experienced this and an opinion about its perceived value.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Art Darwin, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 76, City : Morganton, State : NC, Country : United States, Occupation : Retired, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)